Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pip is now seven months old and a whopping 3.5 pounds, and has more energy than I can handle!! I am on short term dis for my back and he loves to run circles around the apartment then jump on the couch and use me as a springboard to get on the top of the couch. Or, he will jump on the couch, jump on the back, then jump on my head to jump to the floor. It gets really bad when he and the cats are playing, especially when he plays with Maverick. Sometimes the cat will follow and then I have not only my little dog jumping on me, then a 20 pound cat follows!!! I know he is still a puppy, but oh gosh-he is draining me! He still Knawes on my fingers quite a bit too (not actual biting), or chews. It hurts and I can't hardly pet and love on him w/o him attacking my fingers. He is so loving of his mommy (he is sitting behind my neck right now on the couch, when I move it is so cute cause he will slide down the couch-I will say-"Oh PIP! Are you falling???" but, he does it every time. So, any thoughts??? He loves loves to lick too, and his breath is BAD-and I give him breath freshning bones!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Not sure what you want advice on.....the hyperness? What can you do? Its good exerscise if anything. The biting needs to stop, say NO BITE firm hold his mouth shut and withdraw attention. You can direct the biting to a toy after that.

Bad breath? Brush his teeth, toy breeds are prone to bad teeth etc. Give him greenies they are wonderful for that and they even have doggie breath mints. :wave:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the tips. I will have to try the "no bite holding of mouth" thing. I do say no biting very firmly already, and he will stop, but it is like he just simply forgets. Hence hubby's nickname "dumb, dumb, doggy!" or "DDD". right now he is resting on my legs as I lie here typing. I know he just loves me and wants to show me that, but it hurts sometimes, even though he is so tiny! THANK GOD he isn't like 50 pounds! I just gave him a new greeney bone, so, we'll see. Def gonna get him some toothpaste.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
mel said:
thanks for the tips. I will have to try the "no bite holding of mouth" thing. I do say no biting very firmly already, and he will stop, but it is like he just simply forgets. Hence hubby's nickname "dumb, dumb, doggy!" or "DDD". right now he is resting on my legs as I lie here typing. I know he just loves me and wants to show me that, but it hurts sometimes, even though he is so tiny! THANK GOD he isn't like 50 pounds! I just gave him a new greeney bone, so, we'll see. Def gonna get him some toothpaste.
I recommend the poultry kind and the finger toothbrush does nothing! I get better results w/a dog toothbrush and wipes (they look like Oxy pads) only the wipes dont come in chicken flavor, they should though :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.