Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my sisters gardan party ..
my sister has a jack russel called sam..
i have never let tyke go near her dog as when they 1st meet they growed at each other .. she let her dog out ..
tykes on my lap and i am holding him..out of no where sam comes and pulls tyke of my lap buy the neck! shacking him around like a toy..my boyf and my dad get in there to break it up...i could not look.. when i did i saw my boyf with sam in his hands with tyke just hanging in the air!
they got them apart in the end!
thank god my tyke was ok..not a mark on him! sam just had him buy hes hair!
he was in skock..he was crying! i checked him out..gave him a cuddle put him down and he was ok! after a few mins he was back to hes slef jumping around :) i am soo lucky to still have tykle with me now..this is the 1st time my sisters dog has ever done this! hes 6yrs
i am so worried now when another dog comes running up to him..i have to pick him up! now he barks and growes at every dog he sees!!!! this has been a big shock to me and my boyf..at the end of the day you never know what another mans dog will do when he comes running up to you!

star x

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Ow star.. what an ordeal. If sam hasnt done that before it might be because your lil Tyke was on his territory! Hope hes ok though.. being attacked by a dog can change a dog to be very aggresive towards other dogs or scared of them... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Oh my, how scary!!! Glad he is O.K! he is very lucky not to have been hurt. I tell you, just never know with other larger dogs being around. My neice has the cutest Jack Russel, but he is soooo Hyper and just plays way to rough for my three. Just glad he is o.k. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know what you mean about the territory thing..we think thats why this happened...tho sam has allways been ok with other familys dogs :?
i hope tyke does not get aggresive with other dogs now..im going to have to be very carefull now!
thank you
star

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Poor baby Tyke and poor you! How scary for both of you. Thank goodness you and your bf were able to break it up before any physical harm was done. This is a great reminder to all of us to be extra, extra careful around any other dogs, even when the owner swears their dog isn't aggressive. You just never know.

Glad Tyke is okay. :)

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
yep i agree! when i was at the stables - richard who wons a sheep dog he said he only wants to play even tho i was grasping deano so tightly against my chest and annie the dog kept jumping up on me and i knew deano did not like it because his head was tooked under my chin and he began to growl. I thought no way am i putting him down to "play"

·
Registered
210 Posts
Oh how scary! Glad he's okay! Snap has a lot of doggy friends who are much larger then him but as long as I keep close survelliance everything goes well! Snap has never been attacked, and thank the heavens for that! Tyke is a little toughie and I'm so happy he's okay^.^

The worry that he's going to get hurt ALWAYS crosses my mind when he is around big dogs, but you just have to be cautious I guess :wave: :D ~best wishes~

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
:shock: :shock: poor thing :( give him a hug from me, I just cant trust other dogs (when around my babies) no matter what because of stuff like this! shame

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
that had to be so scary...thank goodness tyke is ok. and i agree, you never know what another dog will do...its best to protect your baby rather than have something bad happen.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I am sorry to say when I have company and had hyper dogs they remained in the house. i would allow them to be introduced to allthe people but once everything get rolling dog goes away. I am petrified of dogs and am very unccomfortable at other peoples homes family or not if they have dogs. my thing is I dont want to sit there in fear, dogs sense it. I am one of those if ya cant keep ya hyper dog away from company I dont go and please dont bring it to my home.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Jack Russels can be tooo hyper....

My friend has one and Gizmo just kept staring at him...and then looking at me as if to say "Mom is this guy ever gonna stop bouncing?"

He was too rough with Giz the little moments I let them socialize...thank goodnes Gizmo is quick and ran over to me in a flash....LOL..."Mom pick me up NOW!"

Thank goodness he is ok....scary moment! :shock:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
poor baby - it might be because Tyke is smaller than him so he knows he can boss him on his territory is Tyke neutered? if nto it could be because that. Im glad hes ok though :wave: you need to stop picking him up around other dogs as he will sense your fear and think they are something to be feared etc :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
omg that must have been so scary :shock: i wouldn't know what i would do if an other dog would hurt my babies but i know it wouldn't be his best day :D so glad he's ok though !!

kisses nat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts