Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Girl is going in tomorrow to get spayed! I am so nervous and worried about her. I keep thinking am i doing the right thing? Its just so scary thinking that she might change - even though the vet told me their personality will remain the same except from when their recovering obviously she will be ill! I just hope that im not going to make her miserable or unhappy by doing this to her :cry:! And i'm also scared incase she wont pull through and then it will be my damn fault for doing it in the first place! I am just so paranoid :( !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I'm sure your wee girl will be fine and it shouldn't change her personality in the least. I wasn't looking forward to having my two done but they were both fine. Brooke was just drowsy and ate a very small amount of food and was really good next day. Minx slept like a log till next morning, but during course of night even went wee wee on the pee pad by herself. Some people's chi's have some degree of discomfort but I guess it all depends. Mine had none whatsoever, but my vet also gave an antiflammatory injection as well before they came home, which she said they'd only recently started doing after speying. :wave:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys - i guess i wont stop worrying until she comes out tomorrow and then at least i will know she is alive! I am just so scared for my baby and i prob wont be able to sleep tonight from worry!

I will need to buy some pee pads for coco - i take it its easier for them than going outside when their all sore?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
if she isn't interested in eating, try to hand feed her. i had to with chiwi. but yesterday she ate by herself. she's feeling so much better and is totally herself again :) she's sweet as sugar to everyone with extra kisses now cause she wasn't up to kissing for a couple days. don't worry hun! this is the best decision you could make for her. if you have any questions you know we are all here for you!

here's a site that helped me help a friend make her decision to spay:

warning graphic images:

http://www.thepetcenter.com/sur/py.html

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The reason i am doubting it is because everyone wants her to have pups so much - all my family think it would be a blessing and a lot of ppl have asked me if im ever breeding her bcoz they'd like a pup lol - i guess thts a good compliment!

The other thing thats making me have doubts is some people believe that when a chihuahua has one set of pups it makes them healthier! Some vets even believe so!

And obviously i am worried that she will fall out with me and never want to talk to me again for taking her to that vets :cry: - and i know she goes in huffs because she's been in one before!

Last time coco wasn't well (which was when she was on heat) i brought food and water to her and she took a little bit but not much - i know she wouldnt take it herself! And toys - well good suggestion but my girl doesnt play at all when she's sick - makes me feel even worse and more worried about her - god im nearly crying thinking about this now! I better stop it because im in work! :cry:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's my girl in the vets now - she was very scared when i put her on the table and kept trying to reach for me and my dad. she was shaking like anything - i think she has propably calmed down by now as she's been there for about 40-50 mins now! The surgeon comes in at 10.30 and will sedate her if she isn't calm she said and then surgery begins at 11 - but coco may not be in at exactly that time! I hope she's in first because i want my baby back a.s.a.p but the girl says if shes ok then you can usually pick them up at 6pm!

I've to phone in at 2pm so im hoping that she'll be ok and a sigh of relief will come all over me!

Plz wish my baby luck!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
poor coco !! my vet sedates them while the owner is still holding thme , so they don't get stressy ...it's kinda weird though , you feel them going out of it :?

i'm thinking of you sweet little coco :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I was worried about getting Chico fixed too and granted he was a little angry at me when he came home, he would wag his tail when I talked to him but he wouldn't look at me. He got over in about 15 minutes though. It really is the best thing you can do for them though.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for all the comforting people! Made me feel better!

That was my girl done on friday there, and its now wednesday and it was only yesterday that she got moving about properly! It must have really took it out her! She is still walking a little funny, but i think she finds it hard to balance with the collar around her head!

She was eating well and all, but just could not move - and she even wet her own bed which she has never done! She must have been so weak!

I'm actually mad at my vets because they only gave me a days pain killer and said she would be jumping around the next day - huge exaggeration! My mum said they never are we have had 2 boys before and they were sick for 3 days - so my mum was right because after 3 days i could see improvements!

My mum thinks i should mention that to the vet so that other animals dont suffer!

Coco's going nuts with the plastic thing on her head - she has tried to tempt broxy into biting it off for her and cleaning her wounds! She's too smart! So has to be watched carefully!

Now all im worrying about is keeping those stitches in till mon!

:wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i had no pain killers at all , and vienna is now (day after) feeling good already , paris had no problems at all :? i think it really depends from dog to dog , or methods and aenesthesia being used :wave:

kisses nat

1 - 20 of 27 Posts