Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my puppy was playing and the doorbell went and it made him jump and he ran into me he yelped. :cry: :cry: i feel so bad cos he must think i hurt him when it was an acciident.he didnt half yelp. :cry: he seems ok but i think he might dislike me now. :cry:

·
Registered
518 Posts
He doesn't dislike you. Puppies are smarter than that. They know by your reaction whether it was an accident or intentional.

When you've caused a yelp (and you will - it's perfectly normal) just give him tons of hugs and kisses instantly and he'll understand.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Bella gives me the cold shoulder after something like that happens LOL She soon forgives me and gives me loads of kisses !

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I have accidentally smacked Lily in the nose and I have even kicked her lightly when she suddenly ran in front of me... she seemed to understand - probably based on my reactions - that it wasn't mommy being mean. :lol:

Give your little guy lots of hugs and smooches and I'm sure all will be forgiven. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awwww thanks i still feel bad. he yelped for a good minute though. poor baby. i did give him tons of kisses and cuddles.straight after. :oops: :oops: .he is now lying in my lap. :wink: i cant help feeling so bad when this happens. :( .thank you so much for reasssurance. *hugs*

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I know it's disturbing. I've accidently kicked Jasmine a time or two when she would get under my feet (which she does ALL the time). They yelp and you feel sooo bad. I just give Jasmine hugs and kisses and tell her how sorry mommy is, and all is forgiven. That's one of the many wonderful things about dogs - they always seem to forgive and forget. Unlike some of us humans, their love is unconditional.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts