Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed it few days ago but I didn't think twice about it. But I don't want it getting worse! She isn't scratching it. It just seems to have appeared from nowhere! Should I purchase Goodwinol ointment?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I'd see a vet so that they can take a scraping and put it under the microscope. It looks like there is a red spot underneath the bald spot?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Strange place for a bald spot. Is she crated much? Wondering if she's rubbing her head/pushing against the crate bars.

What kind of food are you feeding?
Shes not crated at all. She shares half my room lol, but she still sleeps in her crate at night at her own will because the crate is always open.

I feed her this, Castor & Pollux Organix Puppy Formula Organic Dry Food

https://www.onlynaturalpet.com/reviews/pwr/product-reviews/1281/Food/Dogs/Castor-Pollux/p/133093-Castor-Pollux-Organix-Puppy-Formula-Organic-Dry-Food.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick update, we had her skin scraped and she was positive for demodex. I am spot treating her with Goodwinol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a update, with the application of Goodwinol daily for the last 4 days, her hair is regrowing on her bald spot rather quickly!!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Just a update, with the application of Goodwinol daily for the last 4 days, her hair is regrowing on her bald spot rather quickly!!
Great news, I'm glad she is responding and you figured it out before it got out of control. Puppies initially have immunity from their momma but sometimes they get this later on. I've read a diet high in zinc is good for this condition.

·
Registered
109 Posts
ouch

Oh my, I'll send you a hat! Hope it's nothing serious. Maybe from too much kissing on the forehead? That happened to my husband!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts