Chihuahua People Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
It's so sad you didn't get to know her before this happened. I couldnt imagine how you feel, i've never had to go through this, but I'm sure theres another chi out there for you waiting for you to love them just as much.

·
Registered
107 Posts
:sad10: I am SOOOO sorry to hear about your pup. We got Reba a little young (about 8-9 weeks) and about the 2nd day home, she came down with parvo. Found out she had been exposed a few days prior. We almost lost her 3 different days- you'd go to find her limp as a rag with her head all tilted back. I stayed home from work and was up every 4 hours with her giving SQ fluids, meds, nutrical, taking her in for gamma globulin IV, etc. It is so hard when they are so tiny especially. Fortunately, our girl finally pulled through. It is such a nasty disease and little one pound chi pups don't have a lot of reserve to fight such a problem. Avoid getting another pup from the same place for at least a year. That organism can hang around in the dirt, carpets, etc and is VERY hard to get rid of. Other pups will be at risk. Again, I am so sorry and hope you will find another fur baby that you will be able to love.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I'm so glad your baby pulled through. :wink: I'm definitely NOT getting a puppy from the same place. They have had puppies with parvo before and didn't even tell me till after my puppy got it. :evil: And I even asked her about the history of help problems, and she never mentioned it. I'm gonna find another breeder, hopefully I can find a good one in my area. Thanks for your sympathy. :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nikki i hope you are feeling better today. I definately wouldnt go to that breeder again. She should never have had parvo on her premises if her dogs where vaccinated etc. I hope you find a new baby soon :)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts