Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Bailey is back to normal, playing, running, begging for food.... everything like normal. We gave him back his playpen, made it a lot smaller and took all of his "humpy" & rough-play toys away, but he is finding anything he can to play with. :rolleyes: Don't mind my carpet, he decided to have a romp through his litter about an hour ago, I haven't vacuumed it yet. lol

He won't leave his area alone, so we had to cone him.... he is NOT happy at all about that.... but here are some pics. We fought like hell to get it on him... my poor baby. :(

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Ow your little boy looks sad. But I'm happy his back to his old self. :)

I got Chico a comfy con but he didn't need it. Thank god. And the funny thing is the vet cave me one like the one you have but pink color. He said there out of other colors. lol

3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bailey is an obsessive licker, we knew he would need it... seems how before his surgery he couldn't leave "it" alone, so why would he stop after surgery when it was all sore and strange feeling! He didn't start licking it until this morning, it started getting pink and irritated, so we had to put it on him.

Hopefully his area will heal quickly, it really was hard getting that on him and I don't want to stress him more then he already is. I made him a belly band a few weeks ago, I am thinking about putting that on him and see if it helps, next time he starts on it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Oh bless his little heart. Poor guy. Boys, they gotta check out that area at least hourly to make sure all is still where they left it. Animal planet...I love it!!! LMAO

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I bought a newborn baby onesie for Brody but didn't even put it on him. But you might try that if he hates the cone? They fit them perfect and they cover up the area. I was going to use it at night when I wasn't watching him, but take it off when he was supervised as I think incisions heal better when they aren't covered up. Poor little Bailey!

·
Registered
793 Posts
ha ha ha that is too cute! He looks pissed!!! Wouldn't the belly band irritate the site though? Ive never used one before nor do I really know how snuggly they fit on a dog, but just curious..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts