Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just wanted to update you in my sister's puppy, the one that was attacked by the greyhound.

They performed surgery, and it seems like things are going very well.:hello1: The only thing affected was the jaw, and nothing else. She was very lucky considering her eyes are intact.

She will have to be fed through a tube (connected to her stomach), as her mouth needs to be almost shut (a little bit open in case of vomit)

The bill has reached $3000 canadian dollars and she is not done yet. Is about $300 per night. She should be going home tomorrow...

This is a picture of her, a few days ago you can see how swollen her face looks

This is a picture of her today:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Aww, she is beautiful. Poor little girl. Are the owners of the grey hound going to help with her Vet bill? So happy to see that she's going to make it.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Oh my! I'll be thinking about her. Such a sad story, but I'm so glad your sister is able to take care of her! Praying for a quick recovery!

·
Registered
370 Posts
:confused:AWWW POOR THING-VERY CUTE THOUGH.im glad your sis can take care of her.if i was her id sue the other person whos dog did this at least 4 the vet bill if not 4 pain n suffering 2.:confused:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
baby girl :((((((

im glad shes okay

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Poor thing, I am glad she is going to be OK. I just hate that she had to go through this. Bless her

·
Registered
7 Posts
About 8-10 years ago three of my neighbor's dogs came into my yard and attacked my beagle. He had to have surgery as well. When my neighbors started dragging their butts and making excuses about paying the bill I took them to court and sued them. The judge ruled in my favor and I got my $ a few weeks later including court costs. Not sure how the laws are in Canada though.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I am so sorry this happened. I had 2 retired greyhounds, and the adoption groups said that SOME greys look at cats, tiny dogs etc as prey. Mine were never off leash. I had one that thought our cat outside was not the same as the one inside.(she was adopted only a week before) Cat had internal bleeding, the grey had deep scratches on muzzle. Both became fast friends. Sue

1 - 16 of 16 Posts