Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my little girl on friday. She is doing great, but she is still afraid to my mom and dad, but she loves me :cool: But when I take a shower, or leave her for like 2 minutes she cryes like someone is stabbing her! It breaks my heart, but I want her to be independed. What should i do?

And one other thing. When should I be taking her with me to visit other people? She is still stressed here when she goes upstairs, she has mostly been in my room on 1sth floor.

Im putting one pic of her with this post ;-)

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
hi margret awwww little brita is so cute
she will just be a bit uneasy about her new surroundings and need a little reassurance id get your mum and dad to feed her treats to get her used to them and get her around as many people as possible take her as many places as possible around people to socialize her im sore she will come round in time x

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Has she had all her shots? She shouldn't be let down on the ground outside the house until all her puppy shots are done. You can take her if you hold her. People are very big to a small puppy, she will be scared at first, take it slowly until she feels more comfortable. Have your mom and dad sit down and let the dog go to them, don't force the dog to accept them before she feels comfortable. Give them very high quality treats like a tiny bit of cooked chicken and let them give it to her if she comes up to them. Puppies cry when separated because in the wild, they survival depends on them being with their pack. She is still a little one, so that is why she cries/screams. As she gets older, that behavior will stop. At first, when going out, I would hold her and just let her see all your friends, but don't let them touch her. When she is ready to be picked up and played with by your friends, she will let you know by straining toward them. You could have them offer her toys or tiny bits of treats (so she doesn't get full on the treats and not eat her dog food. Treats are high in fat and things not good for a dog except for once or twice a day). Hope this helps and she is an adorable little girl. How old is she?

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Ninja does that she vets if I go toilet or if I'm at work and my other half is at home she just sits by the door and crys until I come home your doggie is beautiful

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for your answers... :) She is 3 months old.
I just got home from dinner with my friends, was gone in about 2 hours ... my mother was with Birta and it was OK. she cried and was shaking at first but then she calmed a little, and she was veeery happy to see me when i got home :D

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi and welcome to you and little brita she is beautiful maybe you can look at her and tell her everything is good and to sit and stay and dont cry then give her a treat when done and tell her how good she did shell get older and learn youll return i think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts