Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm Nicole, I'm new to the site and thought I would post on here.
I just recently got my 10 week old sweet little blue chihuahua and I absolutely LOVE her, She is such a lovable, spunky girl!

Does anyone know of any good sites to buy clothing for her?
She is 2 1/2 lbs, and I just cant find anything that fits her well, other than using socks or sleeves.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
She is ADORABLE! Welcome to the site. I'm fairly new as well! It's a great family of chi lovers. You're going to find a ton of helpful information as well as ideas and just a good time reading and looking at pictures of others and their chis! :)

Not sure about good sites to buy clothing for such a tiny chi... My Roxy is only 3 pounds so I'm having the same problem! But, I'll let you know if I come across anything! :) Welcome, again!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Shes very sweet I wouldn't bother just yet she will grow like a weed and will
Prob be 6lb before you know it!

My 7 month old has a 9 inch chest I don't dress mine often but she has a couple of hoodies zack and Zoe will fit but I honestly wouldn't pay out yet 2 1/2lb at 10 weeks isn't small really (in comparison to others) they grow so so fast so I'd stick to socks until she hits about 18 weeks and go from there

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
She's very cute. The best place to find small clothes is ebay. They don't really "need" them though, and its a pain in the butt to put something on them before every time they go out to potty...mine have coats for when they go outside on walks as its in the 15 degree range right now, and they have loads of fun, cute, little clothes, but mostly that's because they are fun for me and whatnot, not b'c they like or need them haha. I agree she will grow like a weed so don't spend too much on clothes for her just yet, maybe 1 or 2 warm bits off of ebay so you feel like a good chi mummy but then wait til she is bigger and you have a better idea what size she will be as an adult. She is the same size at 10 weeks as my Trigger was and he will be around a 7.5 lb adult when he matures out.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That is too sweet looking! The ladies above gave great places to look for small clothing! Good luck finding something for that little sweetie!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
What a sweet heart. :) I always picked up some XXS things at Walmart that usually fit the 2 1/2lb pups. Petco/Petsmart too! They'll get you through until she's done growing a bit. The things you get for her now, as the others said, won't fit long as she'll grow a LOT in a short period of time. She is such a doll though...love her color. ;)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
She's a doll. Welcome to the board. :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Positively precious!! Beautiful coloring.

I am having the same problem. Hope will be 14 weeks on Wednesday and is not quite 2.5 pounds. She was given several sweaters and several coats still with tags on, from a coworker (long story that involves his partner's ex and we were just the lucky recipients) and they are all XS and way too big on her. As a result, she paws and desperately tries to remove them so I have given up putting them on her for now.

So far, we just bought a bunch of baby blankets and we wrap her in them when we take her anywhere.

·
Registered
89 Posts
if you visit some websites i listed earlier, theritzyrover, bloomingtails and a few others, they carry xxs, and they will fit that small. my tilly is barely 2 lbs and fits perfectly in their clothes.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
she is very cute, I was thinking the same thing for when I get my new baby, but I think it will be a waste of money to buy a heap of tiny tiny clothes I have started buying xs clothes and will wait for her to grow into them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts