Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Major bummer :( My 35" died last night. I could tell something was up with it for a while now and last night it finally quit. Now it won't turn on at all. So my dilemma is, do I get it fixed or just go get a new one? I wonder how much it would be to fix it. If I get a new one I just want a regular T.V. but will probably only be able to afford like a 27" or around there.

I've had my T.V. since 1997, so I guess it's old. I used it a lot too.

So anyway, that sucks. :( :lol:

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
that really sucks :( it is a good time for it to die if there is a good time :lol: everything will be on sale after christmas :D and 27" new isn't bad i had one that size for years :) at least all your shows are done :wink:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know Jen! I said well at least Survivor is over! :lol: I still have a 13" but I LOVE to watch my Survivor on the biggest screen possible. :lol:

With all of these fancy TV's out now, I wonder if it'll be hard for me to find a plain ol' TV. :lol:

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Sorry about your TV. I hate when those kind of things break. All my electronics are what keep me sane :lol: I've been a wreck since my desktop crashed!
I hope you find a good sale and get a nice one :) It's sort of ironic actually. My brother just gave me his TV today. Too bad you're not closer so I could give you mine!! He bought a projector recently so he gave me his 32 inch which is way nicer than my old one, it was like 22 inches. My boyfriends TV broke awhile ago and it costed about $150 to fix. He decided to pay it bc he wouldn't have been able to afford one the same size. Maybe you could get an estime and then decide? Maybe it just needs a rest and it'll work tomorrow ;) Stupid electronics!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was hoping Katie, that it would work today but no luck. :lol: I'm guessing it's going to cost at least $100 and probably more. And I figure for that price I could get a smaller one but it'll be brand new. :)

I don't know what's with electronics these days. I swear when I was young my family would have TV's forever with no problems and my awesome 35" Sony Trinitron dies out after only 9 years. :lol:

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
was the picture kind of dark for awhile? i remember when mine died i had no idea how dark the picture was until i got my new one and it was SO bright :shock: :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
Kari said:
I swear when I was young my family would have TV's forever with no problems and my awesome 35" Sony Trinitron dies out after only 9 years. :lol:
yeah i have a really old tv in my bedroom that my bf's had for about 16years and he got it cuz someone was throwing it out broken and his dad fixed it - its great little tv- yet a new tv we had in our lounge broke after 5 years :confused: im sure they used to be made to last now everything is disposable :)rolleyes: i feel old saying that lol)

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jen the first problem I noticed was we were watching it and all the sudden there were these weird lines on the TV. After that happened it worked just fine except the color was off. I think it was brighter than it was supposed to be. Then every few days the picture would like turn black with these neon colored lines :lol: then be back to normal. It did the same thing last night except turned off by itself right after that and now it won't come back on.

Right now I'm leaning towards just buying a used one off of somebody and then saving for another big one. :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Have you tried a little percussive maintenance on it? :p For those of you who aren't aware of the term, Percussive Maintenance is the fine art of whacking the crap out of something until it starts working again :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts