Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my little Skye you may recall her pics months back in a tiny purple doll dress, well her she is now almost all grown but still tiny, maybe to tiny to ever breed but we love her all the same. And yes those eyes are BLUE:D

Enjoy

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
She is absolutely stunning...and those eyes...absolutely mesmerizing!! She's a beauty!! How big is she by the way? I know my chi Minnie was about 3.5 lbs. when the breeder decided to let her go because they thought she was too tiny to breed. I just thought I'd ask. Big or tiny, Skye looks absolutely perfect! =)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, she is 5 months and weighs stil undet 3lbs. Is that small? She is the smallest I have owned. When do most Chis stop growing, or better yet at what age could one safely say the chihuahua is almost finished in growth? Thanks

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
That is on the small side, but I was very close to getting a chi that would only grow to be 3 lbs. As long as there's nothing wrong with her health wise, I think there's nothing wrong with a small chi. It's just when they're super small, like under 2 lbs. full grown that they start having heart problems and such. I would say that at around 8 months, your baby will be fully-grown, but I know some people say a year. With chis though, I think 8 months, and they're pretty much done with their growing...at least this is what I've seen in my experience.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts