Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My baby teacup chihuahua, Tila, who just turned 13 weeks old has a problem!

Sometimes when she is sleeping, she will leak poop... Its not diareah.. itz actual stool. and itz not the whole thing either.. its just bits of it.

It is almost like she cant hold it in.. I have talked to several people who's had puppies before and they said that it has never happend before. But because i dont know too many people with chihuahuas, i thought id ask you all...

I realized that it started happening when i took her to the vet the second time. I was starting to think that the vet maybe damaged her anus with the thermometer or when they tested her for parvo. if that is even possible. because on the way home from the vet, is when it started. it has been going on for about the past 3 weeks or so now.

When i went back to the vet, he said that nothing is wrong and he squeezed something out of her anus (i guess to clean it out)..

Everything else about her is normal. She runs around, eats normally, poops normally.. Itz just when she is sleeping or laying around.. and gets up, theres bits of poop from where she was sleeping. And itz also frustrating because i used to love taking her around with me because i dont like leaving her home alone when i can take her places with me.. But now its hard to do because she leaks poo in the car.. or on my lap..

Does anyone know what is going on?? Please help!
-Runa

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
is it real poo ...or maybe anal juice ???? does it smell extremely hard ?
maybe she has an extreme production of anal juice , i don't think the poo would come out like that :?
maybe you can try a second opinion with another vet

ps we don't refer little chi's as teacups here, because some people take offence by it :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If your dog is leaking feces from her bottom, there is definitely a problem and you should probably seek a second opinion from another vet. If they did injure her rectum while taking temps or fecal samples, there could be something really serious going on up there.

Additionally, if your dog is actually a "teacup," she is probably very sick and needs medical attention right away. "Teacups" are not an actual type of chihuahua.. it's a term used by not-so-respectable breeders to describe runts or dogs that are genetically unsound. They commonly have many serious health problems.

If you have an emergency vet in your town, I'd suggest taking her immediately. If not, I'd be at the office of a different vet first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Cooper said:
If your dog is leaking feces from her bottom, there is definitely a problem and you should probably seek a second opinion from another vet. If they did injure her rectum while taking temps or fecal samples, there could be something really serious going on up there.

Additionally, if your dog is actually a "teacup," she is probably very sick and needs medical attention right away. "Teacups" are not an actual type of chihuahua.. it's a term used by not-so-respectable breeders to describe runts or dogs that are genetically unsound. They commonly have many serious health problems.

If you have an emergency vet in your town, I'd suggest taking her immediately. If not, I'd be at the office of a different vet first thing in the morning.

What Cooper's mom said is exactly what i was going to say. Take her to another vet immediately,,,,something isn't right. And what she said about the teacups....it's true. You can go to the AKC site for more information on that. Let us know how your baby is doing! :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I too would seek the advice of a second vet. It sounds to me that the anal sacs are leaking. The first vet likely expressed them because they were full. Sometimes a dog will have chronic problems with leaking glands and will have to have them removed to correct the problem. I would think it rare that a rectal temperature or such would cause a problem unless it produced an infection or was done hard enough to rupture something internally which is unlikely.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
If it is actual Poo she has a serious problem with her b0owel or sphincter muscles and needs medical treatment asap - have you owned chis before - how muchy does she weigh ? :wave:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Is it just me wondering where she got her from if she's been sold as a teacup :( As everyone else said take her to another vet immediately with tiny pups it cant wait

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the replies. :) ill take her to the vet later today.

-runa

ps- my puppy has been checked from head to tail and she is NOT a sick puppy like some of u are assuming. :?

and, to ozzy&lily's mom, the last time she was weighed, she weighed 1.6lbs and that was when she was 11weeks.

thanks again for all ur help!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
runagottickled said:
thanks for all the replies. :) ill take her to the vet later today.

-runa

ps- my puppy has been checked from head to tail and she is NOT a sick puppy like some of u are assuming. :?

and, to ozzy&lily's mom, the last time she was weighed, she weighed 1.6lbs and that was when she was 11weeks.

thanks again for all ur help!
well my ozzy was only a few ounces heavier atv 12 weeks and he is now 7 and a half pound so i doubt she s going to be a tiny tiny *wretched word teacup* chi

update us when you can :wave:

·
Registered
974 Posts
janiebabes said:
Nah I dont wonder anymore as far as Im concerend a teacup cant poop. Atleast mine better not i drink out of mine
I think the real question here is "How much tea can a teacup poop if a teacup could poop tea :?: "

:p

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
EdukatedRedHed said:
janiebabes said:
Nah I dont wonder anymore as far as Im concerend a teacup cant poop. Atleast mine better not i drink out of mine
I think the real question here is "How much tea can a teacup poop if a teacup could poop tea :?: "

:p
a teacup would poop all the tea he could poop if a teacup could poop tea.

haha! i knew that dang wood chuck riddle would pay off some day!

on another note, i hope you find out what is wrong with that lil one.
ps- my puppy has been checked from head to tail and she is NOT a sick puppy like some of u are assuming
and if she is leaking poop then she is a sick pup. it may not be because of a questionable breeder but...... well it's obvious that soemthing isn't on the up and up with your baby.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts