Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Millie had her second vaccination, she has been a tired little puppy ever since. I can walk her in ten days time can't wait!

So this morning Millie had just had her breakfast and we sat down to watch some telly and she just couldn't stop yawning!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw thankful Millie likes them too she always tries to chew on them haha!
Do you have any puppy training tips? :)

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Awww puppies love to chew on everything! Are you crate training her? Indoor or outdoor potty training? I really like the pets stages tiny toys for chewing when they're little and also supervised chewing on bully sticks and beef trachea. And I would also suggest getting her used to wearing a harness around the house for a little bit each day to get her ready for walking outside!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awww my goodness how adorable, she is like a proper little dinosaur :tongue9: !!! x x x

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am crate training her yes, and using puppy pads and fake grass tray so indoor training I was thinking about putting her fake grass outside once she starts using it every time so she gets the idea of going outside. The only reason I didn't do out door training straight away is because she is so tiny only weighs 0.75 at 10 weeks and its freezing and she only had her second vaccination yesterday so I wanted to wait till she was fully vaccinated and abut bigger before I put her out.
I've introduced her to her collar, lead and clothes so that she is used to it for when we do go on walks.
Do your doggies use crates? Xxxx

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
I am crate training her yes, and using puppy pads and fake grass tray so indoor training I was thinking about putting her fake grass outside once she starts using it every time so she gets the idea of going outside. The only reason I didn't do out door training straight away is because she is so tiny only weighs 0.75 at 10 weeks and its freezing and she only had her second vaccination yesterday so I wanted to wait till she was fully vaccinated and abut bigger before I put her out.
I've introduced her to her collar, lead and clothes so that she is used to it for when we do go on walks.
Do your doggies use crates? Xxxx
Sounds like you're doing a great job! 3 of mine are pad trained and Mojo goes outside. He was a rescue and already a leg - lifter when we adopted him so out he goes! We live in a 3 story townhouse so taking 4 out at once on leads would be so hard for us! But once we build our new home, I'd like to outdoor train them.
Glad you're getting her used to clothes and collars, that will definitely help one she starts walking on a leash.
Yes we have a crate too. They hated it as pups but now they LOVE it! The one I have is by Richell and it's expandable which is nice so we can make it as big or as small as we need to. Here it is:

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah that's good, your so loving getting a rescue dog! All four of them are absolutely amazing, post some more pics of them on this post :) I also live in a 3 storey townhouse but Millie can't manage the stairs yet so I have to carry her up bless her. She slept all threw the night last night for the first time I feel so proud of her and its the first time I've managed to get a good nights sleep! So where are you guys from? We live in England xxx

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Ah that's good, your so loving getting a rescue dog! All four of them are absolutely amazing, post some more pics of them on this post :) I also live in a 3 storey townhouse but Millie can't manage the stairs yet so I have to carry her up bless her. She slept all threw the night last night for the first time I feel so proud of her and its the first time I've managed to get a good nights sleep! So where are you guys from? We live in England xxx
Thank you!! Oh I miss those puppy days! She will probably learn how to go up thrm first and then eventually down the stairs! Mojo is our special chi, he's amazing, it's like he really appreciates everything we do for him!
Yay! I'm so glad Millie slept through the entire night, proud mama moment! I live in Northwest Indiana, about 4o minutes from Chicago. I have a friend from CP who lives in England named Melissa w 2 beautiful chis, but she doesn't really come on here anymore. :(
I will try to post some new pics of my crew later, I used to participate a lot more but with work, recently getting married and now expecting our 1st child, I don't have nearly as much free tme. But I will try!! :)

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
These pics are from last summer, some of my favorites I wanted to show you! The top left is Mimi (2 year old black and tan long coat) below her is Leo (her half brother, 11 months apart, he just turned 3 and he's a red sable), next to Leo is Lola Bear (she's 6 and a tricolor short coat), and above her is our rescue boy Mojo (we think he is 6 and may be a mix, we think he's part pug but aren't sure).

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're all adorable! Love them :) and ah Wow must be amazing living in America I've been on holiday to Florida, Arizona and LA... What's the weather like where you are?
I also got married a year ago it's my 1st anniversary in a couple of weeks!
Also do you know of any websites that sell chihuahua clothing? As England is very cold and I need to expand Millie's wardrobe xxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Thank you!! I've been to LA once and didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I adored the shopping and visiting Rodeo drive but the nightlife wasn't nearly as fun as Chicago! Where did you go in Florida? Miami (south beach) is my favorite vacation spot, I could never get sick of it but could definitely go broke very quickly! It's freezing, below zero here now w lots of snow. I can't wait for summer to get here so I can get my furkids out of the house.
Happy anniversary! That's so exciting, congratulations! Most of us buy from doggie couture shop, an online dog boutique. I'm sure there are websites in the UK that carry the same brands where shipping would be cheaper? I would try ebay too!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aw thanks guys! Going to get Millie some toothpaste and toothbrush today , any tips for brushing her teeth?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Maybe try using a gel or paste that you can squeeze a bit in your finger and let her lick it off. If you plan on using a toothbrush start with a baby brush that is nice and soft. There are also dental chews and toys you can use too. My dog Ava loves to chew on toys, so I bought her a few dental toys which I like to add our favorite tooth gel and coconut oil to. There are pics of the toy in a dental health thread I have on here.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Maybe try using a gel or paste that you can squeeze a bit in your finger and let her lick it off. If you plan on using a toothbrush start with a baby brush that is nice and soft. There are also dental chews and toys you can use too. My dog Ava loves to chew on toys, so I bought her a few dental toys which I like to add our favorite tooth gel and coconut oil to. There are pics of the toy in a dental health thread I have on here.

Also try bullysticks or beef chews or any other healthy treat that you can find at your local pet retail store. Rawhides aren't safe for dogs. Greenies aren't either. I'd stay away from those.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts