Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I just read your other thread that answered my above question about who these cuties are and now I am up to date. Good luck this week--you all will be FINE!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are my mothers. Posted my dilemma about them in an earlier thread. Coco is the long hair girl. She's almost 15 years old and very very attached to my mother, never spent a night away from her. I am worried that she will be okay.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. There really are two cuties, and I love them so much. But this is a huge transition for them to make. They have been drinking non stop since they got here. I don't know what that means. Coco has been whimpering all night, finally she has fallen asleep. Tiny on the other hand has been glued to his basket and will not move. I had to bring a bowl of water for him to drink and he drank like crazy. But will not move from his basket.
Timmy has been a very good host by letting me pamper them and no jealousy at all.
As I type this Timmy is a sleep in his bed in the livingroom and Coco and Tiny are with me in my bedroom.

I hope Coco and Tiny get used to this, it makes me very worried. Every few minutes I look to see if they are okay.

Will be a long night.

Regina

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Regina you are so caring, I'm sure they will be ok. The first two days are always
the toughest, it will get easier. Besides it won't be long before your mom
returns. Leave the water near them and try to get some rest. You worry too
much. I can imagine it is stressful since they are older and so attached to your
mom, you really are doing all you can to make them comfortable, it's all you can do.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you LS, but when I was lying with them on the floor tonight and petting them trying to make them comfortable, I just thought these are like two little babies that I have and cannot explain to them their Mommy will be back soon.

They are just terrified why they are here. And where is there Mommy.
And Coco cannot stop drinking. What does that mean?

Love Regina, Timmy, Coco and Tiny.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thank you LS, but when I was lying with them on the floor tonight and petting them trying to make them comfortable, I just thought these are like two little babies that I have and cannot explain to them their Mommy will be back soon.

They are just terrified why they are here. And where is there Mommy.
And Coco cannot stop drinking. What does that mean?

Love Regina, Timmy, Coco and Tiny.
They are lucky to have you as a baby sitter, since they already know you and you love them so much. I'm sure it just breaks your heart, though, to see them confused and afraid. It would mine... I wonder if the excess water drinking is a nervous thing, maybe? How are they doing today?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I have made it after a totally taxing week with my two adorable houseguests.

Two more days, and my life will be back to normal.

It has been a very hard week with these two. Tiny is very afraid and would not leave his bed, the whole week other than to eat poor Coco's food...why my mother named him Tiny is beyond me. So I had to play the lunch lady like we had back in school. Coco is the most cutest girl, but this week I have come to realize that she is very, very old.

Everyday when I came back from work, I ran to the bedroom to make sure she is okay.

I have kept them in my bedroom and Timmy has the rest of the apartment.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am doing this in two segments because I posted something this week, and it said I was not logged in, which I was, but lost the whole post, very frustrating.

Timmy loves Coco, but this week he has totally ignored her.
And he has been very bad, twice I came home and he pooped on my couch.
He knew the first time he did something bad. But did it again the next day.

Today he was very good with no poo on the couch. But he went in my bedroom on the bed, that is our nap time, I get up and find out he peed on my bed. He has never done that before. Is it he protecting his territory?

I have been actively looking for another chi for him, so he will not be alone while I am at work. But if he does this nonesense, there will be no other one for him.

Any suggestions of why he is doing this. And should I even consider getting another one with his behaviour?
Regina

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think Timmy is feeling a bit put out having to share you with 2 other dogs. When you do things for the dogs you should make sure you do it for Timmy first like feeding time put Timmy food down before the others when you give them pets give Timmy pets first it will help him to understand that he is and always will be number 1. Dog to you. If you do decide to get another dog this is a good why to transition the new pup so Timmy doesn't feel like he's being replace with a newer model.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Believe me Tiimmy is my boy, first and foremost. He gets fed first, just for that reason. He got new toys this week, even an elk antler,, just so he will not be left out. I am so confused now. I really wanted to get him another chi friend but I have no idea how that would work out. He is almost 3 years old and always had me to himself. Can he adjust to another one or will he always be Mama's boy?

Regina

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The dogs are in your room, he is not. He may feel replaced. You said you are on the floor with the new dogs. Do you get on the floor with him? I think once you get him a companion that is younger and not scared and more playful, he will adjust much better. Dont judge his reaction to dogs that are supposed to be at your mom's and are suddenly here and taking up your time with a dog that will be a companion to him. Plus it sounds like you are stressing, he may be picking up on that, too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts