Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was Tyty's 4 month birthday, he was born October 9. He is really growing up and such a little terror! LOL! He is so handsome. His ears look like they really want to stand up, and last night one popped completely up and then relaxed again. I do hope is gets stand up ears....

Here are some of his new pics.... Such a great dog!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
He's gorgeous!
The ears can take up to a year before they stand, but usually if they are not up by 7
months they won't go up. Right now he is teething so floppy ears are normal, so don't
lose hope just yet. But honestly if they stay down who cares, he looks really handsome,
honestly! :)

ps: what happened to your poor little finger?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks LS! I didn't have all that information about the ears. And yes, if they stay like airplane wings, who cares... I like them up like a real Chi, but I would never have them cropped... I could never hurt my baby.... Oh, that is my roommate's finger... he is Tyty's daddy and is helping to train him while I'm at work.... Tyty loves his Daddy and when he gets reprimanded for doing something bad, he rolls over on his back and looks at his Daddy like that with those big eyes, it's hysterical! Brad is a plumber and handyman and works a lot with his hands. Who knows what he did....lol! Thanks for the ear info, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
LS, Chanel is truly stunning! I love seeing all the gorgeous Chi's on here. A few of my pets were voted into an Albuquerque Pet Smile Calendar. I didn't submit Ty, cause I didn't have him at the time. In the calendar, they have a website for New Mexico (where I live) Chi rescue. They said Chihuahuas are the most overbred dog in New Mexico. Some of these Chi's were exquisite, but had been so abused and neglected that they need special needs homes. I found the rescue thread (duh) and I will post the link on there... I could not believe they had gorgeous white chi's, long haired chi's, any kind of chi you could imagine up for adoption. I counted 28 total available now. All with such sad disturbing stories. I can't wait until I retire, so I can help more animals.... veronika

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Aww he is adorable.Holly just turned 3 months they do grow up so fast. Her ears stand up right now but last week they flopped before that they stood lol so i am like hmmm she is teething so I assume it is from that. Hope you lil ones ears stand :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holly is soooo cute! OMG!!!! Thanks for posting.... it's good to know that teething has something to do with it.... I'll wait for 7 months, I bet they stand... seven months seems like a long time away...lol! It will really be spring then. How cool, Tyty and Holly's first spring.... veronika

·
Registered
282 Posts
Holly is soooo cute! OMG!!!! Thanks for posting.... it's good to know that teething has something to do with it.... I'll wait for 7 months, I bet they stand... seven months seems like a long time away...lol! It will really be spring then. How cool, Tyty and Holly's first spring.... veronika
wow, he has the same color markings as my chi!!, and was born just a month and 3 days after mine!! just that Tiny is a girl, lol, i got tiny at 3 months old and her ears where up, then they felled down, i was told not to touch them, and they stood up in a month!!!!, hope that helps!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you punk skater! Tiny sounds cute! That's so funny they stood up and then fell down. One of Ty's will stand straight up then fall down. lol, I bet they both stand up in a couple of months, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
oh he is soooooooooooo gorgeous! what a cutie! Enjoy every minute, they grow up so fast. :)

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
LS, Chanel is truly stunning! I love seeing all the gorgeous Chi's on here. A few of my pets were voted into an Albuquerque Pet Smile Calendar. I didn't submit Ty, cause I didn't have him at the time. In the calendar, they have a website for New Mexico (where I live) Chi rescue. They said Chihuahuas are the most overbred dog in New Mexico. Some of these Chi's were exquisite, but had been so abused and neglected that they need special needs homes. I found the rescue thread (duh) and I will post the link on there... I could not believe they had gorgeous white chi's, long haired chi's, any kind of chi you could imagine up for adoption. I counted 28 total available now. All with such sad disturbing stories. I can't wait until I retire, so I can help more animals.... veronika
Thank you, I think Chanel is pretty cute too! :)

What other pets do you have other than Ty?

Sad to hear about the Chis being overbred in Mexico, poor dogs. :(
You are absolutely right rescues are full of beautiful dogs.
Here there are not too many small breeds or mixes in shelters,
it is mostly medium to large dogs. We also have something called
"the black dog syndrome", because most shelter dogs are black, for
some reason folks adopt out lighter colored pups, it is strange. I think
black dogs are gorgeous, especially when they are on a good healthy
diet they have such a glossy coat. Besides when I get a dog the last
thing on my mind is color. Anyways, sorry I'm getting carried away.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Everyone! Great to come back here and visit. And, yes! He is growing so fast, but what a personality! Plus, he is a little Tyrant, you should see him boss Boo-Boo my rat terrier around....lol! But, they adore each other... LS, I have two horses a pot belly pig and a guinea pig, Oh and 6 lovebirds, but I just traded two of my baby birds for a gorgeous countertop for my little old ranch house.... Im pretty maxed out on my money and my animals or else I would take in everyone that I could. I'm still crying over yesterday, riding my horse out on the mesa with my girlfriend and we found 3 gorgeous pups (big ridgebacks or something) GORGEOUS! Someone had dumped them out in the desert to die! They were starving and freezing. We took our horses back and rescued them. We had a vet friend and immediately took them to him to look at, one was almost dead. Turns out they all had parvo and had to be put down. It was truly horrible. I am still crying over that one. It would have cost $400 - $700 to save one of them who could have been saved. But, neither my friend nor I could afford to feed a big dog and our horses and we couldn't afford that vet bill. I'm glad I don't have a gun cause I would have liked to kill whoever dumped them there. We had to quarantine our own dogs, my little Tyty while I stripped off all my clothes, disinfected and showered. Now, Tyty and Boo-Boo need immediate Parvo boosters. Sometimes, I just hate people who treat animals like that. I'm so glad we put them out of their misery, but I'm so upset. xo! Sorry, I think I needed to get it out of my system, what a day! Thank god I take care of my Tyty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts