Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My vet gave VACCINE to soon from last vaccine????

My puppy has gotten already 2 rounds of DHPP & Bordetalla 3 weeks apart. Her most recent DHPP & Bordetalla vaccine was given just 5 days ago. We visited another Vet because my puppy definitely had tapeworms. While we were there the VET also gave the last round of vaccine's,DHPPC & Bordetalla. I just thought about it...5 days apart just from her last vaccines. Is this even healthy?

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
In all honesty, there is no need to give more than one does if it is given at the correct time. The second/third dose are just in case the first dose didn't work, which it often doesn't because it is given while the puppy still carries the immunity passed down from its mother.
So as long as she isn't showing any reaction to the vaccine i wouldn't worry too much. It isn't good for her body to be overloaded like this but it won't prevent her gaining immunity.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick reply, I was going crazy googling all this stuff worried out of my mind. All those shots given in such short period of time can't be good for any dog. But your post gave me some relief.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My puppy has not had his vaccines I did a lot of research and seen that it is only recommended that puppies have all the many sets of shots. But I seen a lot about this guy who is a vet he said the best time to do it is between 12 and 16 weeks because that is when it is most likely to actually work in protecting the puppy. My Gizmo is very healthy too. In about two weeks he will receive them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Both mine had one set of puppy shots, as well as a rabies vaccine, but I'm also concerned with over vaccinating and reactions so that was it. As its been awhile I'm considering titer testing them before boosters. There's a clinic that will titer test for a low price near me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you wait until the pup is 12 to 16 weeks old you only need to give two puppy shots about 3 weeks apart. I live in a very high parvo state so I start earlier if there is a parvo outbreak. Also the longer your pups nurse the longer they get immunity from the mother, so I consider that, too. And I do not give the lepto vaccine because many chi's have a bad reaction to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts