Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Your amazing well done ! I have also gone through a change resently ! I've lost around 4 and a half stone ! If you need support or just wanna join in , I posted a topic only about 20 mins ago under this section ! :D x

Sent from my iPod touch using PG Free

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Rachel, you have done great! And it looks good on you! How have you done this? Tips please! Sinse my gall bladder surgery, it seems like i just keep gaining. I dont like it!i'm a sweet eater though and its my down fall

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ladies :)

Ive tried so many diets in the past, nothing worked really. Ive lost this time by just plain old calorie counting! I can still have sweets, choc etc, as long as its within my calorie limit! I've been excercising twice a week, just swimming, and walking Honey for about 2 hours a day too xx

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankyou :)

Shelia - a normal woman is supposed to eat 1800-2000 calories a day, give or take depending on lifestyle etc...
I figured i could cut it back to 1200 and still eat quite a bit, so i tried it and that amount has worked for me :) i've also started a maintenance program, so at the moment im upping my calories by 100 a week to take it back up to 1800 again, whilst stabilising my weight as it is. Then i will cut back down to 1200 again in the new year, diet for a while, then work it back up again! x

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
WOW Rachel! Well done girl! Unbelievable! :thumbright: :notworthy: :hello1:

I love the fact that you & Honey are walking more, I bet she's the happiest dog around!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thankyou :)

Shelia - a normal woman is supposed to eat 1800-2000 calories a day, give or take depending on lifestyle etc...
I figured i could cut it back to 1200 and still eat quite a bit, so i tried it and that amount has worked for me :) i've also started a maintenance program, so at the moment im upping my calories by 100 a week to take it back up to 1800 again, whilst stabilising my weight as it is. Then i will cut back down to 1200 again in the new year, diet for a while, then work it back up again! x
I will try the 1200 calories then.I do my eliptical 45 minutes a day 5 days a week.I'm 45 years old. didnt know if that played a role in the calorie counting or not.I want to loose 18 pounds.Whats hard is when you go out to a restaurant

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thankyou :) I've always taken her for walks, but normally for longer at the weekends. But now i get up earlier to give her 30-45 mins in the morning, same at lunch then an hour or two at night :) We are going for a 6 mile trek tomorrow too, my stamina is getting as good as Honeys! :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will try the 1200 calories then.I do my eliptical 45 minutes a day 5 days a week.I'm 45 years old. didnt know if that played a role in the calorie counting or not.I want to loose 18 pounds.Whats hard is when you go out to a restaurant
Try it - what have you got to lose except weight :)
I'm not sure whether age makes a difference, try it and you can up or lower your intake as you see fit?
Yeah its hard when you are out and about, but its all about making the best choices you can. Saying that however, i have been out a few times and totally made some bad choices (think cheesy creamy pasta and big banoffee pies!), but i didnt put on a stone overnight from them :) i just got back to healthy eating the next day and i was back to normal in a couple of days.
You need to eat 3500 cals over your normal intake to put on a pound of fat - unless you do this, most of the weight you put on is water retention... I know it sounds silly, but you need to drink at least 3 litres of water a day to flush yourself out. Yes this means more trips to the toilet, but you cope :) I actually drink 4 litres as i eat quite a bit of salt, so it balances it out. x

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Try it - what have you got to lose except weight :)
I'm not sure whether age makes a difference, try it and you can up or lower your intake as you see fit?
Yeah its hard when you are out and about, but its all about making the best choices you can. Saying that however, i have been out a few times and totally made some bad choices (think cheesy creamy pasta and big banoffee pies!), but i didnt put on a stone overnight from them :) i just got back to healthy eating the next day and i was back to normal in a couple of days.
You need to eat 3500 cals over your normal intake to put on a pound of fat - unless you do this, most of the weight you put on is water retention... I know it sounds silly, but you need to drink at least 3 litres of water a day to flush yourself out. Yes this means more trips to the toilet, but you cope :) I actually drink 4 litres as i eat quite a bit of salt, so it balances it out. x
Thank you so much,you have inspired me!I HATE plain water so I mix that mio stuff with it.I dont drink as much as I should but since you have inspired me,I'm going to drink more.I'm glad you posted all this.You should be very proud of your self. I've had kids so I call alot of my problem(the muffin top)lol

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Try your very best to just have plain water - or use natural flavourings... I fill up a 2 litre bottle with water, then put slices of lemon and lime in there, shake it all up and leave it in the fridge overnight - instant flavoured water, yummy!
Hehe i couldnt blame kids for my weight - just them damn naughty cakes that i couldnt resist!
Good luck Shelia, and let me know how you do xxx

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment! I don't know how stone converts to pounds but I too have lost a lot of weight in the last few months. Most of it can be attributed to walking with Toby. If anything my diet has gotten worse (living on my own, school stress, etc after having my moms cooking) but it doesn't seem to have impacted the weight loss. For me, it was all about getting my thyroid stable (after 10+ years) and upping the exercise. I truly couldn't have done it without Toby. He makes it fun. Seems like Honey does the same for you!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
I just Googled "banoffee pies" ..... :p :tongue9: :sleepy3: :thumbright: :eatdrink: :cloud9:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts