Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Zeus with all my heart, but he did something the other day that had me speechless. I was in the kitchen making dinner. He walks up to me and starts peeing all over my ankle. I was in shock! So of course my daughter is in the kitchen helping me (she's 3 and likes to help mommy make dinner) and says "Zeusey, you go pee outside, not on mommy". About a month ago, I was laying on the couch with the baby (she's 8 weeks old) and he went pee in my lap. Thank goodness I have leather couches and was able to clean it. I can only assume he's having some jealous moments with the new baby. If that's the case, I'm not sure what else I can do. I don't tell him to get off me when I'm holding the baby, I take him for walks, and I even enrolled us in Petsmart classes (we're on week 6) so he and I could have "our time". All in all, he's doing great with the baby. I think he thinks the baby is his. When I change the baby, he's right there with her and when she cries, he goes to her bassinet.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
oww poor zeus ..... i think it will get better eventually ,he probably has a bit off adjustment problems ...he's really attracting your attention ,otherwise he wouldn't pee on you ........
as long as he's not agressive ,wich i don't believe he is , it will pass in time ...sounds like you are already doing the best you can ,by giving him some private time :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
257 Posts
Zeus

That smart little dog is just marking HIS territory! He's trying to tell that upstart little human baby that you are HIS! (I'm dying laughing here, can you tell?) This is definitely something that I can see my Dobbie doing. He loves to have Wally (my daughters dog) come for a visit, but he's always glad when he goes back home and we can snuggle together. In fact, when Wally is here, Dobbie insists on laying beside me, with his head in my lap. "See, I told you, she's mine!"

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
hmm... Did he tell you tha the had to go potty before he went on you....

I was on a field trip with Amanda and all the other 6th graders and we were sitting there eating our dinner and Gadget was on his leash walking around and he turned around and peed on my shoe... it was funny because I was talking witht he kids in my group and we ate and I had been giving Gadget bites of food and when I stopped giving him bites of food and was ignoring him for a few minutes is when he did it... It was the only time he has ever did it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts