Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Cute - your two are gorgeous! So how long did panda last? Is it still in one piece? In my house, Florrie would've had at least one ear chewed off by now, and Frodo would have started the disembowelling process...

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you :) Lol. I am pleased to say that Panda is still in tact! Mylo is the destroyer in this house. Eventually he will pull off a limb or something and try to eat the stuffing and then I have to take it off them. That's why Panda and Mr and Mrs Mouse joined us today, to replenish their dwindling disembowelling supplies!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
So much fun watching them play together with their new stuffed toy! Such cutie pies!!! It's just a good thing I can't snatch them through this computer, Melissa. You would be missing two little babies. lol

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
So cute!!! Toby is a toy destroyer too. His favorite thing to do is to chew off the noses of the animal and then pull the stuffing out through the hole in the the nose! Silly doggies!!
haha Coco did the same thing to all stuffed toys. I often put the stuffing right back in and sewed the hole. She got all excited to be able to kill it another time. lol

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Lovely to see them playing together,i have a teddy that was Simbas it's over 14 years old,still going strong with lily ,been sewn up so many times

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Lovely video, I didn't realise Willow had stayed so small, she is tiny!
I am lucky that none of mine kill fluffy toys. They get a bit grubby from being dragged around the floor, but after a quick wash they are as good as new. Only problem is they seem to multiply, they have dozens now!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So much fun watching them play together with their new stuffed toy! Such cutie pies!!! It's just a good thing I can't snatch them through this computer, Melissa. You would be missing two little babies. lol
Aw, thanks :) It would be great if we could do that! Then we could all cuddle each other's gorgeous babies through the computer!

So cute!!! Toby is a toy destroyer too. His favorite thing to do is to chew off the noses of the animal and then pull the stuffing out through the hole in the the nose! Silly doggies!!
Haha..I can just imagine it! Mylo will rip off whatever he can get off, only problem is that once he gets the stuffing out he tries to eat it!

Aww so cute!! I used to buy stuffed toys from Ikea for Coco, I have that same rat that's on the side in the video. :D
I had two but the grey one just got a hole in the head so I had to buy two more. Ikea are great because they're just as good as the animal stuffed toys and they're cheap and they have small ones! We got a monkey in a red jacket but unfortunately he only has arms from the elbow up!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lovely to see them playing together,i have a teddy that was Simbas it's over 14 years old,still going strong with lily ,been sewn up so many times
Aw. Mylo has a duck he's had since I got him that isn't destroyed because it's one of thos stuffing free ones. I've kept hold of his first ever toy even though it is a little worse for wear! I'm glad Simba's teddy has lasted.

Lovely video, I didn't realise Willow had stayed so small, she is tiny!
I am lucky that none of mine kill fluffy toys. They get a bit grubby from being dragged around the floor, but after a quick wash they are as good as new. Only problem is they seem to multiply, they have dozens now!
Yep...she just never seemed to grow. Mylo grew so fast and she just didn't seem to change. The change has been so gradual I barely noticed! Does make it difficult though because she can fit through the side of the gate where the hinges attach to the wall! We put wood on the actual gate but we've had to stuff the gap with bricks! Mylo just chews them so they last a fair while at least and we play tug with them.

I miss pics of your little guys. How is the training going?

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Training is going....slowly lol.
Mouse is doing great, much more confident, she is a happy little soul who is pleased to meet new people and dogs as long as it is at her own pace. She doesn't mark anymore either, thank goodness.
Delilah is still hard work. It is a good job she is so beautiful and funny and affectionate, or she would drive me to distraction! She is much better with strangers, but is still terrified of all strange dogs and children. She will tolerate them nearer than she used to, and when she does lose the plot it isn't as intense or as long-lasting as it was, but we still can't take her out like a normal dog.
Both Mouse and Delilah are much easier when walked alone, I dream of the day I can take them all out together and not worry about meeting other people/dogs. Hopefully we will get there one day.
I must get some new pics, they are all doing brilliantly physically.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've missed seeing them! Sounds like you're doing a great job. I find it tiring taking my two out because Willow isn't 100% with people and is yappy in general and Mylo can be fear aggressive with other dogs. Mostly just growling at them. He's improved with some training but to be honest I need to put more effort into it.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
So weeny, how much does she weigh?
It is hard work training them, I'm sure Delilah would improve much quicker if i could take her out alone every day, but it just isn't possible.
Does Mylo like food? Delilah is very food motivated, so as soon as a dog is in sight I start feeding her treats. When the dog leaves, the treats stop. It should work better with Mylo as his fear aggression isn't as bad, Delilah is too wound up to take a treat if a dog is within 50 feet of her. (Which is an improvement, it used to be two whole fields away lol)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So weeny, how much does she weigh?
It is hard work training them, I'm sure Delilah would improve much quicker if i could take her out alone every day, but it just isn't possible.
Does Mylo like food? Delilah is very food motivated, so as soon as a dog is in sight I start feeding her treats. When the dog leaves, the treats stop. It should work better with Mylo as his fear aggression isn't as bad, Delilah is too wound up to take a treat if a dog is within 50 feet of her. (Which is an improvement, it used to be two whole fields away lol)
I have no idea what she weighs. I kept getting different readings when I tried to weigh her with me on my scales and subtract my weight. Sounds like you're doing great with her anyway. Mylo is hugely food motivated. That's exactly what I've been doing with him and he catches on fast but I haven't done it enough to be honest and it hasn't seemed to extend beyond the park situation yet. My friend brought her dog around and 8 hours later he still hasn't made friends with him. Probably would have been better on neutral territory but it wasn't an option at the time. Aw...poor girl. She must be really scared. At least Mylo isn't that bad. Food distracts him from anything! He goes nuts in the house if he even hears a dog bark!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts