Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chillin' on a Sunday morning

'I'm ready for my close up!'

Mylo is a typical man. He loves his food and loves his bed.

'Do you have to put that camera in my face? I need my beauty sleep.'

Ah. That's better.

Me too!

'Don't forget your stretches!'

'How about a run?'

Young hearts, run free...

'I came back. I get treat now?'

Ok, now time for a cuddle!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Aww hello you cuties! It has been too long, tell your mamma off for not letting us see you guys more often ;)

The sleeping pictures are too sweet!

Now, I know I spy the wonderfully named Volcanic Viper on gorgeous Willow, but is Mylo in Tropical Sea? It's such a great colour on him.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Aww Mylo pie and Willow pillow, lol, how cute are you guys?! :love2:
Such stunning soft coats you both have! And both so beautiful!
BIG kisses for you two, and hugs for your mama!

More pics please!!! :D

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well spotted! That is indeed the Tropical Sea BB. Thank you :) Willow also has a pink one and Mylo has a red one :)

Thanks everyone :)

As you can see, LS, I'm still working on getting Mylo's weight off. I've cut down the food and upped exercise and he seems to have lost a little but the progress is so slow. It's very frustrating. I'm cutting down on his evening meal and giving him green beans which he loves. I'm hoping that once they have the garden to run around in on a daily basis it will make a difference. That and the more I can let them off lead in the park.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
So nice to hear from you. Mylo and Willow look like they had a great morning. The cuddling picture looks like they are best buds. Willow is certainly growing into a sweet young lady!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
As you can see, LS, I'm still working on getting Mylo's weight off. I've cut down the food and upped exercise and he seems to have lost a little but the progress is so slow. It's very frustrating. I'm cutting down on his evening meal and giving him green beans which he loves. I'm hoping that once they have the garden to run around in on a daily basis it will make a difference. That and the more I can let them off lead in the park.

Slow but steady wins the race. Don't rush it. To be honest he looks good from
the pictures. Do you find his ribs are hard to feel/count? I find with dogs like
Mylo, who only need to lose a teeny tiny bit of weight, replacing food with
beans is not necessary at all, just up the exercise. It will come off eventually.
Also if you've upped the exercise but he still weighs the same it could be
because he is gaining muscle, so do not worry and do not go by numbers,
go by eye and feel. Don't get frustrated Melissa, you are taking great care
of him, simply up the exercise and enjoy yourself with him on walks, play as
much as you can, and don't stress over numbers on the scale. The proper
way to lose weight is always the long way. When are you guys getting a
home? Do you know? Still looking or found the one?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Slow but steady wins the race. Don't rush it. To be honest he looks good from
the pictures. Do you find his ribs are hard to feel/count? I find with dogs like
Mylo, who only need to lose a teeny tiny bit of weight, replacing food with
beans is not necessary at all, just up the exercise. It will come off eventually.
Also if you've upped the exercise but he still weighs the same it could be
because he is gaining muscle, so do not worry and do not go by numbers,
go by eye and feel. Don't get frustrated Melissa, you are taking great care
of him, simply up the exercise and enjoy yourself with him on walks, play as
much as you can, and don't stress over numbers on the scale. The proper
way to lose weight is always the long way. When are you guys getting a
home? Do you know? Still looking or found the one?
Thanks :) I think he has improved but his tuck is not as pronounced as I would like. I can feel his ribs though but I could even when he had more weight on him, it seems to be lower down where he has the weight. To be honest they've been eating beans because I've been having them and they go crazy for them and I don't want to feed him them and food unless he's looking for food (which he only does very rarely...unless it's my food!) I don't have any accurate scales to weigh them so I have to go by eye. I try to play fetch with them a lot and tug and I feign direction so he has to run around more. We're getting more walks in now the weather is better. We went down the beach before and were out for an hour and a half! He was dragging his heels by the end of it! Willow was still skipping along like her usual, energetic, dainty little self. It makes me laugh when people ask if you can take them for long walks with them being so small...willow will literally walk and run for hours and look like she hasn't done a thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts