Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyler needs his nails cut badly ... like I seriously cannot believe my my dumb ex-husband didn't get them done sooner. I have no clue what I did with there nail clippers. I think I might of put them back in my storage unit when I dropped stuff off as they were in a bag.

My Aunt's friend/friend of family own's a dog grooming business and I called her up and she is going to have me bring him to her house tomorrow as she is not working. The problem is she wants to muzzle him as Tyler hates her lol. The few time's he has met her she gets him going in a playful way but he tries to bite her :( ugh. I feel bad that he is going to get muzzled but I know he needs his nails done asap.

I'm bringing Penelope and Tyler to the beach on Saturday ... for a family reunion and I just want him to be comfortable and not have to deal with hearing rude comments from people should I wait till next week to get them done. Its very noticable that they need to be cut in some places. Back paws some of the nails are starting to curl over :(.

I normally would cut them myself but last time I had cut his nails they were not cut short enough? Per friend. I just want them done properly and she will do it for a very small fee and on her day off.

You can sort of see how bad they are in this picture. It saddens me for him to be muzzled but I don't want her getting hurt either. Though he is normally good when someone else is doing his nails.

Should I be concerned at all?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I would get them cut ASAP. And that is not because of your reunion. If they are that long, as you describe, they may be hurting him or be uncomfortable. From the picture, they look too long for my liking. It only takes a few minutes to cut their nails and I am sure the muzzle will not bother him in that short period of time. It is safer for both of them if he is muzzled, because if she is not comfortable it will not go well. If you don't want him muzzled, can you take him to the vet/other groomer tomorrow? Otherwise, I would let him be muzzled for a couple minutes- in the long run, it will be better for him.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the muzzle, although most dogs don't like them, they aren't painful. It's likely he would be muzzled at the vet as well. Can you possibly pick up a pair of trimmers, trim them yourself, and then let your friend touch them up next week?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.