Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you use a nail grinder on your dogs ?

If so what make do you have ? do you think it works well ?
Have you used it on other dogs ( bigger dogs )

Thanks Sara :D

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Hi Sara
I use my granddads dremel drill that was left wen he passed it works amazing lotus doesn't like it I need to see now shes older if shell take it daisy has never had any problems with it (until I caught her tail in it so I recommend putting the lc in a sock) so I'm slowly getting er use to it now!!

With bigger dogs you need a coarser wheel on it xxx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
A grinder is all I use on Brody. I wouldn't touch him with clippers since his nails are jet black and I like to keep them very short. I grind his nails once a week. It literally takes about 2 seconds per nail and they are done.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I use a Dremmel as well. I purchased mine thru Petedge about 2 years ago. My dogs do wonderfully in letting me trim their nails. I love it. I let me friend borrow it for her big dog to see how she would do....she said she did fine :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yep Peebo doesnt want anything to do with it, its the noise it makes he wont stay still once I turn it on he also hates the vacuum cleaner!! lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you find a good one in the UK let me know! I've read reviews on pedipaws and everyone says it is not that good, and Cici absolutely hates me going near her nails so I have to get one that works really fast and easy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought one a lil over 2 years ago, it's the Pedi Paw brand. I thought it would be perfect for Mags. I thought wrong. If she even sees me with it in my hand, she'll go into hiding. Our German Shorthair Pointer has allowed me to use it on her though. I don't normally use it on her though cause her nails grow so fast and it takes so long to get hers done down.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
My roommate has pugs. She tried the Pedi-Paws and it was awful. Pugs' nails are VERY strong, and it just didn't do the job. Then she tried the Peticure...similar name but completely different brand, and it was MUCH better. Way more power, quieter, and it did a good job. So much so that I ordered and have been using the Peticure Petite, a smaller version of what she has. I like that it has a nail guard on it (unlike the Dremel or others pictured in this thread) so there's no chance I can grind anything other than their nails!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Oh i had the pedipaws one i gave it too my sister just before xmas as it just sat in the cubboard i prefer too clip the nails much quicker!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts