Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nala got a checkup and shot at the vet yesterday.

The vet asked me if I was planning to show her and I said yes, to which she informed me (and explained) that Nala's jaw is undershot.

:foxes15:

I will still be showing her, I realise that I have to start somewhere and I will probly make mistakes as I go along. Just going to be a bigger challenge now :(

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Oh, that's too bad. A bad bite is a serious fault. I would check with an experienced show breeder/exhibitor in your area and have her evaluated before you spend a lot of money going to shows where she may be disqualified (depending on your standard).

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, that's too bad. A bad bite is a serious fault. I would check with an experienced show breeder/exhibitor in your area and have her evaluated before you spend a lot of money going to shows where she may be disqualified (depending on your standard).
over here its not a disqualification, but can be heavily penalised. I have contacted a breeder/exhibitor friend of mine but she is yet to get back to me. Ultimately I will still give it a shot, Im only new to it and I am bound to make mistakes, It's probly better if I make these mistakes with a less than perfect dog, then making mistakes with a dog that has potential to very far.

Just a bit of a kick in the guts is all :(

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
You can learn on this dog and then you can buy a better one later. :) Undershot mouths are almost impossible to breed out so this dog should be spayed/neutered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts