Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing Chica's name. I just don't like it at all and since she's only 5 months old I decided to go ahead and do it now. Chica just doesn't fit her. She's too dainty and sweet for it. I think I want to name her Champaign...what do ya'll think? I think it's really cute! It's not something I hear ever in a dogs name. I need to think of something because I want to get her registered and I want to find her a cute, unusual name. So...what do ya'll think?

Kristin

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
its cute but what will it be shortened too - I changed lilys name when we got her she was 7 months her original name was sandy :wave:

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
:D Gonna play devils advocate here and say i dont like it very much, but hey its your dog, would you call it 'Champagne' fully always or shorten it to 'Shamp' or 'Bubbles'????

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sullysmum said:
:D Gonna play devils advocate here and say i dont like it very much, but hey its your dog, would you call it 'Champagne' fully always or shorten it to 'Shamp' or 'Bubbles'????
I agree lol. I'm so hard to please here lol. The problem was I was trying to name her on my own instead of asking family and friends what I should name her (cause they're good at that kind of thing!). So, I went to my grandparents house last night and brought her with me. My sister (of course) fell in love with her and now wants one lol, but she also named her for me! Thumbelina!! I haven't heard it for a dog in quite a long time, if ever. We can call her lina for short because Thumbelina would be much to long for her to recognize...and to call out all the time. So there we have it! I'm filling out her papers right now and that's the name I'm putting on there. No turing back now!!! It's perfect!! hehe

Kristin and Lina

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Totally agree with 'Thumbelina' as soon as i heard it ,i said YES, thats it!! :D Just like in the 'Thumbelina' song by Danny Kaye,.......Thumbelina, thumbelina, tiny little thing, Thumbelina dance, Thumbelina sing, etc etc

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
pinkprincess21 said:
hey i didnt know there was a thumbelina song lol I was going off the movie!

Kristin and Lina
.....................I think it was 1950's or possibly the 1960's 'Hans Christian Anderson' film starring Danny Kaye, its a musical film about the stories that H.C.A. wrote and has some good songs on it, it really is a lovely film but old fashioned for you youngsters, if you can get it from a lending video store its nice to watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts