Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hopeless with remembering names, often when I am talking to Louise she will mention someone and I haven't a clue who she means and have to look on CP when she mentions their sign in name. (if I haven't forgot that either)

I have noticed on a lot of posts that people sign off without their real name. Then when I reply to them I have to quote their sign in name and in someway that seems a bit .. well I dunno.. wierd.. no not wierd more distant. Also where as some sign in names are easy to recall when I reply to a post such as Lou Lou some are harder and I have to keep going back to the previous post to make sure I have spelt the name right.

I would much rather mention there real name (Or pen name) in replying to them.

I always sign off with Deme as its my pen name and just happens to be my sign in name as well.

What do others think? Is it a good idea or am I just rambling for the sake of chatting ;)

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
There was a thread about putting your name under your join date at the top right hand corner,a lot of people have done it.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Just go to user panel and add your name. I did it, although I have my name above my siggy too. On the right hand side, where it has your location and how many posts you have, your real name will appear there too if you put it in.

I think it's a great idea!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have noticed some have done that but like me many haven't. I am gonna go and add my name now, thanks for posting how to do it as I never knew.

Cheers

Deme x

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I noticed it and changed it today as well :]

Seems nice, especially when i'm talking to the bf I can use a NAME instead of "So and so said this" and it's always some wacky name that makes him look at me silly :]

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to say I am also guilty of forgetting to look at the top right for names but will make a concious effort now.

Great to see others have followed suit as well...

Deme x

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I added my name about a month back - I really like the idea too and glad that more people are starting to use this. My user name is MakNLFi which is my daughters name, my name and our last name combined Mak (Makayla) N (for the word "and") L (for myself Lisa) and Fi (Finger - my last name and Fiducia - my daughter's last name - I wish she could change her last name to Finger but her Dad is a dead beat looser and would never agree to it. Plus I used to hate my last name as a kid because I used to get teased in school, so I don't want that to happen to her so she might as well stay Fiducia)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts