Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i am about to become the proud mummy of a beautiful blue chihuahua pup but have no idea what to call him!!! I already have Elmo a tri-colour named after the cute sesame street character.
If anyone has any ideas i'd be really grateful!!! gem.x.x.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was thinking the same thing as Mia. lol I had a kitty a long time ago that had a beautiful blue tint to his coat and we named him blue. When we had to give him away I found a family who had another cat that's name was Black. lol They then had Black and Blue. I think it's a cool name.

Amber

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
joey!! thats so cute!!! i already have a chi named Elmo so im trying to think of similar cartoon name - having a few probs though!!! i like zebedde and dougal so far

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still not got a name!!!

ok everyone, im still really stuck for a name for my new blue chi!! Ok, ive got another 6 weeks to decide before he comes home but its really annoying me!! My other chi is called Elmo (he's a black/tan/white) and the name really suits him. I want a cute friendly name thats different. So far i like Zebedee and Dougal but don't feel as though they're quite right.

Please anyone with any ideas let me know!!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
UMMMMMMM WOW, thinking of names is sooo hard :lol:

what other characters are there in sesame street? it may be quite cool to stick with that theme?
here are a couple of spanish names to get you started:
GALENO: small, intelligent one
MACARIO: happy
MATEO, MATRO: gift of God
NALDO: strong
PABLO: little

REY: king
TITO: giant
TURI: bear
ALANO: handsome

sesame street names:

ernie,
grover
Rosita
cookie

you could also try looking up what blue is in spanish, mexican, chinese etc

Good Luck on your search, i know how annoying it is, but you will find the perfect name soon and you will know its right :wink:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cookie - that's a fab name!!! Elmo and Cookie!! That's soooooo cute!!!

He is a dark brown with blue (the pictures are on the pictures page if you've not seen them)

Thanks so much, i think you may have found "blue" a name!!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think Cookie is a totallly cute name!!!!
:) Good luck with your babies!!! I am so excited for you...

·
Registered
559 Posts
i love grover, i think you should name him grover since emlo and grover as the cutest little monsters in seasme street, and grover was blue.

or oscar....oscar is a cool name for a dog

i dont like the name cookie for a boy dog, i dunno why.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GROVER!!!!!!

oh my god!!! You are so right - Grover was BLUE!!!!

You are a genius, i can't believe i didnt think about it earlier!!!

Other options are Alfy or Zippy but i think Grover is FAB!!! :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
559 Posts
glad i could help. as soon as i heard you have one called elmo the first thing came to my head was grover.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Names for blue chi

hey guys, i've just had a moment of inspiration. Elmo was running around the house on one of his little crazy moments (he gets really low down and sprints round the house grunting!!). Anyway, the name TAZ cam to mind and i think that would be a great name for my new chi!!!

What do you all think???

So, so far, it's a choice between Grover and Taz????

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
They are both cute but I am going to vote for Grover. I like two-syllable names for dogs. :)

Hee hee, I bet Elmo is really funny when he spazzs out running and grunting. LOL

·
Registered
559 Posts
hmmmm

i also like the name taz, i think its great. but i think im gonna stick with grover as you have one called elmo and grover was blue and from seasme street. oh and taz should be like a nick name for elmo since elmo was the one acting like taz.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts