Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so it is official, we are getting little "Emma" as she is now called from the breeder on Friday most likely. This is her:

Originally, we were going to name our planned puppy Parsley, which is why I chose this username. However, I have been thinking about that name, and there's no nicknames for it that I can think of! I am a BIG nicknamer when it comes to my pets. It would be nice to have a name that I can cut short or add something cute to the end that makes sense.

I really like names that end in the "ee" sound and food related names. I REALLY love the name Apple (Appers, Apple Pie as nicknames), but my boyfriend hates it, lol. Another contender might be Twinkie. But feel free to just suggest names that you think are fitting of her! I don't know too much about her personality since I have not met her yet, but she's very small and the breeder tells us she is very sweet, cuddly, and playful. Typical puppy I guess. :p

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aww, that is a sweet name! Will see what my boyfriend thinks. :) He's harsh on names since he's Swedish and some names just sound so strange to him.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, he actually kinda liked it! It's on the contenders list. :D The only thing is I worked with a girl who had an English Bulldog named Petunia, and she always called her Toons, Toony, or Toon-Toon, which is exactly what I'd probably end up calling this girl too, lol.

I was also thinking about Olive. Has always been one of my ultimate favorite dog names even though it is pretty popular. What nicknames can you get out of Olive? Liv, Livvy...

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Haha, he actually kinda liked it! It's on the contenders list. :D The only thing is I worked with a girl who had an English Bulldog named Petunia, and she always called her Toons, Toony, or Toon-Toon, which is exactly what I'd probably end up calling this girl too, lol.

I was also thinking about Olive. Has always been one of my ultimate favorite dog names even though it is pretty popular. What nicknames can you get out of Olive? Liv, Livvy...
You could call her Ollie for short! So cute

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sasha is sweet. I can see that fitting her. I like sweet, little girl names like that. Going to jot it down on this list I'm compiling.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boyfriend does not like Sasha or Olive. Of course he doesn't try to come up with name suggestions either. :foxes15:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol, Tuna is really cute as a nickname for her! My boyfriend says he likes Petunia alright but he says "there's better." He's really difficult, plus he won't suggest any names either. He's Swedish, so he thinks a lot of names sound weird. He's not familiar with many English pet names. I told him to give me some Swedish names then, but he said he couldn't think of any. Lol, he's complicated!

I also think Sally is sweet. :)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't really know many Swedish pet names. There were some Swedes calling their Chi pup "Tingeling." I thought that was pretty cute and fun to say. I asked my boyfriend if it meant anything and he said nope, just a name for pets I guess. I saw a Swedish kennel online with the name as well.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, I just googled it and apparently that is the Swedish name for Tinkerbelle. Hilarious that he did not know that! He only knew that character by the English name.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thats exactly what i call Olivia lol Livy, liv, livkins haha! The names usually come out of nowhere when you least expecting it and they just seem to some how stick :)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hehe, pet nicknames can be so random and unrelated to their original names. My Chi in the U.S. is named Kina, and her nicknames in order of when they were somehow created for her are: Kina Bean, Bean, Beans, Beanie, Teenie, Teenie Bops, Teenie Boppers, Boppers, Whoppers, and now finally it's Toopies. I started call her Two Peas and Carrots sometimes off of Toopies, lol. And my grandpa always calls her Tiny Tina. He just made that one up himself, lol.

·
Registered
801 Posts
How about Abigail ( Abby for a nick-name ) ? I like Gidget and Piper too.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts