Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my husband and I are getting a male chi puppy but can't agree on a name.

This is a pic of him. Something you cant see is that one toe on each paw except the front right leg are white.
My husband likes the names Conrad and Yoda. I'm not so sure. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Or like one of my husband's names? What do you think suites him? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Okay. How about a place that means something to you or both of you? Are you good with "people" names or do pet names appeal to you more? Any actors, poets/writers, singers who you like or people who have made an impact on your life?

Names mean a lot to me and therefore I have to give the meaning a LOT of thought. My son is Jonathon which means gift from God. The girls are named as a mix. Hope Landry because I heard of a darling little girl named Landry and I just liked the name. Similar story with the name Ruby.

The "Hope" and "Faith" part of their names come from a Bible verse that says, Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Funny story about names. Hope's dad was called Matt. Later I learned from her paperwork that he was named Matt Damon. So, TECHNICALLY that means that Matt Damon is my baby daddy. haha! I am such a goof.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Okay. How about a place that means something to you or both of you? Are you good with "people" names or do pet names appeal to you more? Any actors, poets/writers, singers who you like or people who have made an impact on your life?

Names mean a lot to me and therefore I have to give the meaning a LOT of thought. My son is Jonathon which means gift from God. The girls are named as a mix. Hope Landry because I heard of a darling little girl named Landry and I just liked the name. Similar story with the name Ruby.

The "Hope" and "Faith" part of their names come from a Bible verse that says, Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Funny story about names. Hope's dad was called Matt. Later I learned from her paperwork that he was named Matt Damon. So, TECHNICALLY that means that Matt Damon is my baby daddy. haha! I am such a goof.
Karen....LOVE It!!! Thats so funny :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts
all of my Chi's in previous years were required to have Hispanic names... and end with an "O".... Poncho....Tito....Peso....Chico... you get the idea :)
I really like the name PESO and almost named Chico...Peso2.... I had a real PESO on the collar and just loved the idea of that Peso coin and his name being the same...

was always a conversation starter :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I always have to get to know their personality first!

But my first thought was to name him "Dilemna"!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is one thing that he does a lot.. He sits hit butt on the ground and scoots around using his front legs lol

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
You might want to check him for worms if he's a puppy and he's scooting.

On the topic of names, i'm no use. We have a G theme and I prefer old fashioned "people names"

·
Registered
477 Posts
He's a cutie. I always give a whole lot of thought to names. They have to be just right. My favorite name is Chantilly Lace, from a song popular when I was a teenager. That was my little girl Bichon's name and I called her Lacy. I also love Remington Steal My Heart, which was my little blue Chihuahua's name. I like Zamboni for a little Chi boy, a big name for a little dog. I like something different, a little bit unique. I never would have named my Cosmo, Cosmo, but someone else named him and it seems to fit him very well.

Cody Bear
Delaney
Fabio
Finn
Legend
Maslo
Morgan
Rainville
Ruggles
Sawyer
Skyler
Sydney
Tally
Tuck
Vanish

I think you'll find one that fits just right!

Jeanette

1 - 13 of 13 Posts