Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, with all I am going thru with my 15 year old daughter, I am having alot of anxiety and my heart hurts. Does any one know of any natural remedies for this. It has gotten so bad that I was hyperventalating and couldn't breath so I really need something to calm me down. I did get some melatonan (sp) to help me sleep. Thank You, Kay

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Have you tried Kalms? I used those when I had presentations to do. or something like this:

I know my friend got something else along these lines which she said worked wonders - i'll ask her for you x

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other ideas ?????

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
i have terrible anxiety, i grind my teeth without even knowing and get chest pains from tensing up so much so for me its all about relaxation.
Sounds stupid but i burn lavender candles and take a warm bath and do breathing exercises that i learnt from a counsellor i was seeing about my anxiety. I also drink different herbal teas which seem to help. These things don't work all the time though, i find it really hard to relax.

If all else fails a glass of wine does the trick hehehe!!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have terrible anxiety, i grind my teeth without even knowing and get chest pains from tensing up so much so for me its all about relaxation.
Sounds stupid but i burn lavender candles and take a warm bath and do breathing exercises that i learnt from a counsellor i was seeing about my anxiety. I also drink different herbal teas which seem to help. These things don't work all the time though, i find it really hard to relax.

That's not stupid at all. I think I will go get some lavender candles, and some wine hehe. I grind my teeth as well.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I would see your doctor,he may give you short term tablets if you feel really under stress.Always helps to talk to somebody as well.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I've always found yoga to help. It's the clear your mind and listen to your body theory in yoga that works for me. I can get my mind settled and gently work into the yoga positions, carefully and delibrately relaxing each part of the body.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Yep I agree with this! Even though it's not the best route to go, I know a glass of red sure helps me settle.

However I became a little dependant on it at one point and couldn't relax on an evening without one. Now I only have one glass during the week and a couple on a weekend - unless it's an occassion or a girly wine night!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I'm not a big wine drinker, but I do fine that ONE beer relaxes me plenty.
I really enjoy craft-beers, not standard off the shelf stuff.

My wife recently became a convert too. We both relax with a single bottle
3-5 nights a week.

Typically craft-beers are in the 5% alcohol range -higher than standard
beer, but far less alcohol than a glass of wine - so it does a good job
of easing your mind a bit without leading to headaches or dependency.

That being said, and being fully aware that alcohol isn't an answer for everyone... I'd suggest exercise and / or a hobby that requires a lot
of focus and attention. I love to get on the treadmill and crank up some tunes when I'm particularly frustrated, or ride my bike ( in the summer at least).

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
what about RESCUE REMEDY ! that's really good,or lavender oil.
Rescue Remedy is brilliant, I use the Bach Flower Remedies lot's for friends and family and am soon to do the Practitioner course, so any questions, just ask :)
PM me if you prefer.

You might find an individual remedy or two is also needed.

Barbara x

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I suffer from anxiety attacks too Ive recently started having them again sometimes I sit in the shower & let the water runover me while thinking calm thoughts (sounds silly but it works for me) other time I sit & rock myself back & forth holding onto a pillow or stuffed animal this too eventually calms me. I find that my panic attacks have started comming on at night these days which really sucks cause Im alone & have no one to talk too or help me sometimes they are so bad I feel like im going to die. Anyway sorry for dragging this on & on I hope you are feeling better.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Rescue Remedy is brilliant, I use the Bach Flower Remedies lot's for friends and family and am soon to do the Practitioner course, so any questions, just ask :)
PM me if you prefer.

You might find an individual remedy or two is also needed.

Barbara x
Also i was given some" Bush Flower Essence" comes from Australia,more expensive than the Bach remedy,but stronger,just put a few drops on your tongue.

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Also i was given some" Bush Flower Essence" comes from Australia,more expensive than the Bach remedy,but stronger,just put a few drops on your tongue.

I've no experience with these Michelle so can't comment :)

With flower essences, it's about finding the one that you feel happy using :)

Bach are the original (and best in my mind ;) ) but there are now crystal, wild animal, star and heaven knows what available, so something for everyone :)

Worth thinking about and certainly the bach remedies can be used to help animals.

Barbara x

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
I have suffered with awful anxiety since having PND after the birth of my DD. I take beta blockers every other day but the natural remedies I use are camomile teas (at least 3/4 a day) , warm baths at night and i also take a herbal tincture prescribed by my herbalist which works on my hormones and immune system.

I do sympathise with you its so awful :(

(((hugs))) xx

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, what great replies, Thanks so much. I have been out of town and getting caught up. I feel so behind on reading the threads. I am really interested in both the Bach and the Bush Flower Essence. Are they available in the states? I will have to look around the net. Kay

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Read this in a book and it really works. To stop anxiety, tell yourself about three unrelated things. For example: that car passed me too quickly; stop signs have always been red; I can smell Taco Bell from here. It really works. Where your thoughts go--there your energy goes...

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Wow, what great replies, Thanks so much. I have been out of town and getting caught up. I feel so behind on reading the threads. I am really interested in both the Bach and the Bush Flower Essence. Are they available in the states? I will have to look around the net. Kay
Hmmm not sure , we get them in health shops or chemists,sure you will find them .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts