Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Bella to the vets for her nails cut, she simply won't let me do them. Our wonderful vet nurse brought her out smiling with success at cutting them. I then noticed two of her fingers were wrapped in bloody tissue. "Oh don't worry she said, all in a days work !!!!!!". They don't charge for nails at my vets so I bought her some choccies and a bottle of wine, naughty Bella.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Bella!!! Shame!!! A good thing that vet tech is so nice.! I have a chi, that hates her nails being done. My groomer does them with NO problem though. Makes me mad--she lets the groomer do them, but not me!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Awww cheeky girl! How old is Bella? Maybe she will get better with time? Max hated having his feet touched but I managed to get him used to it by stroking his feet gently with scissors and then giving him a treat. After a few days of doing this I can now trim the hair on his pads and clip his nails myself (as long as my hubby is around to hold him!)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lianne, thanks i'l give that a try, to be honest she didn't used to be this bad but since she had her LP surgery 3 months ago she has become very reluctant to let us touch her legs, I suppose that's understandable really as she went through a lot. Bella is 2 yrs now so she's got a lot of nail clipping ahead of her so she better get used to it.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Aww poor Bella, it's understandable that she acts like that then. I suppose it's still worth a try with the treats though, hopefully she will learn that there's nothing to be scared of :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts