Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that do not know, we woke up Sunday morning to a flooded basement. All the carpet, vinyl, some drywall etc has been removed by a water emergency crew. The furkids are having a rough time with it.

Huly is in an upstairs bedroom (HE WAS PLAYING IN THE WATER)
Nala is upstairs in a bathroom

I put the chis in my room as they could not handle all the commotion. I opened the window blinds where they could get some sun and sat a pillow underneath. My husband and I walked outside to see all the carpet that was pulled out and talk to the water emergency crew about where we go from here but we kept hearing barking. We look up to see this:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Thats terrible Christie...at least the crew got there in timely matter and got all the things out that grow mold....hope your insurance will cover everything...but money doesn't make up for all the upset, especially for the dogs...hugs to them...

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah if things get bad (I think it will be when construction starts) they are going to grandma's camp.

I can't send Huly as I tried that once and it did not go well. He has to stay with me. I douby BG & Sonny will care but thankfully my parents are only 45 minutes away. With Huly they were a few states away so I had to fly home to SC.

Yeah insurance is covering it. Right now after demolition it is all the dryers, dehumidifiers etc.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I feel for you, we had that happen on our second floor. We had a new washer installed and they didn't hook it up right. The water flooded through that floor and into our basement. What a horror. The resulting damage is awful and I remember the equipment to dry it out looked like a scene from a movie.
So nice that you have options for the "kids"! Hang in there.

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! The kids are doing ok for now! They are too funny

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Oh, Christie! I just saw this. How horrible!! Thank the Lord for insurance, but like Kathleen said that still doesn't make up for headache and inconvenience, not to mention deductible. UGH! BG and Sonny are darling trying to guard parents that just won't cooperate though! How they guard you when they're stuck all the way up there?!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
What a mess! I'm sure this has been tough. Poor babies. I can only imagine how they're reacting. We had someone come fix a broken window and my dogs couldn't handle it. I can only imagine a whole basement.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
870 Posts
So sorry to hear about your flooding! Must be awful :(

Great pic, looks like,,, we can see you from up here you know :)

x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts