Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've settled on feeding my boys S&C frozen and ZP. But I want them to have the benefits of a bone in feeding. Locally, all the wing packs I can find are full of sodium. So I checked out grasslandbeef.com (where I order our own organic meats) to see if I could find wings. I also see that they have chicken necks. That would be about the same thing, right? Or would one be better over the other for some reason I'm not aware of?

·
Registered
437 Posts
both are good for feeding. But in necks are more soft bones, wings are thicker and harder bones. So I would suggest to give them both.

Watch out giving them necks for the first time, that they don't eat it to quick and the bones get stuck!!
Crushing the necks with an hammer the first few times is a good option.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have had turkey necks before. They had alot of bone in meals actually. We used to do straight raw feedings but I've just found I like premades better for our lifestyle. I just don't want to give up the benefits of an occasional bone in meal. That's why I'm trying to decide on wings or necks.....

·
Registered
946 Posts
Since this will be more of a special treat than the normal meal, I wouldn't worry about one or the other and just switch it up to suit your shopping at the time. You can usually find no added sodium chicken at the butcher shop or even the fresh dept of the grocery. Most frozen poultry has added sodium from what I've seen. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Foster farms has no sodium chicken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts