Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sick of all these recalls from dog food to flea & tick shampoo poisoning chi from the inside out. I'm going through heart ache with my chi trying to find out why she feels sick so much & what she's allergic to. I think we've narrowed it down to corn (which is in every thing). My husband agrees that we should cook her natural home made meals. I am leaning toward that idea more & more & would like people to add their healthy home made recipes. Just a thought, but this seems to be more serious than most suspect. Several chi owners among other breeds have stressed the fact that their dogs are also allergic to corn.
Here is a wonderful link to many recipes:
http://www.bullwrinkle.com/Assets/Recipes/Recipes.htm
:hello1:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I Luv this idea.I too like to make homemade things for are dogs.I don't have any recipes because thats what I was looking for when I found this.But will keep checking back for more replys. Thanks for the post

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
It is scary with all the recalls, one of the many reasons I switched to raw. I have homecooked before in the past and felt better about it than kibble.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At the time I posted this I was fed up with all the recalls & my Midgie suffering terribly from food allergies & didn't know what else to do. But after intense research & lots of reading, I found the Honest Kitchen which Midge & I both love. I still plan to do some homemade but one of the major downfalls I've discovered with homemade is they may not be the right amount of vitamins that are vital to our dogs health. THK has the proper amount of vitamins. But as far as homemade once in a while, this would be a nice change for them & a treat. If you make them the many treats listed, that would be o.k. because they're still getting their regular food that should have the proper vitamins they need.
I made the meatloaf recipe, but instead of ground beef (Midgie's highly allergic to beef) I used ground turkey & she loved it! I was quick & easy & that's what's nice about these recipes--You can substitute & modify the recipes to your dogs needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts