Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know I have only been here a few days, but those of you who have replied so far have all been so helpful and friendly. So, I feel I can share this with you.

Friday was given to me by a boyfriend (now ex-boyfriend). He loved her and was a great "daddy". But, moving on...
As a new mommy, I love to show off her pictures. Well, I shared some with another ex who has been wanting to rekindle things. Anyway, he called her a mouse! and made fun of her. I was so hurt. I have gotten comments like that from other people, but I just don't think I can date someone who can't love my little Friday. It made me kind of sad. Has anyone else run into this problem?

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
maybe it's just his sense of humour ??? if people make fun of them being mouses it really doesn't hurt me .....you just have to be above that .
i'll bet if he spend some time with friday ,he'll love her as much as you do !!!

i've noticed the ones who laugh the hardest ....will love them the most afterwards !!!!! so if you really like this guy , go for it :wink:

....but i don't think you like him that much , otherwise you won't be asking this........am i right?

kisses nat

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have learned to be cautious with him. I know from past conversations he does not approve of indoor pets (I used to think the same thing, but SO changed my mind).

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Well...accept me, accept my dog, that's what I say...

When I was dating my husband, we didn't have Gizzie of course, but I have a toy poodle named Joey...well, Joey hates men...PERIOD... and my husband loves all dogs...anyhow, he always and still tries to be nice to Joey... :D

He also didn't want such a little dog because he is such a big guy, yadda yadda yadda...well now the one who goes gaga over the baby is my hubby!

My point is even those who don't like dogs like chi's...they just have those big ole eyes, big latin tempers..LOL...just adorable ya know!

Have him meet Friday, sometimes, people say comments like that and aren't tring to be mean...my neighbor calls Gizmo Señor fuzzy mouse...but he loves Gizmo :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Maybe he didn't mean anything by it. It's possible I overreacted (lol, both mommy and puppy have that Latin temper!)

Here's a pic of Friday and the one who loved her. We had just gotten her. Who couldn't love this cutie? (Friday, I mean, lol)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
wasnt sure where to move it, hehhehe so we will "chat" about it.

Um I agree the person has to love the dog too I mean look what happened to Britney's dog POOR THING! :(

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
My man was the same when we first got Ozzy he wanted a bigger dog and said he would never walk him etc etc , but now he loves him and lily to death :lol:

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I say, let the guy visit with Friday and see how he reacts to the little pup. You will be able to tell right off the bat if he was teasing or if he really doesn't like little dogs.

Good luck!

·
Registered
321 Posts
:wave: I dont think ya posted in the wrong place!! I have to make a confession. this may help you out, My sis has 6 chi's her oldest is 6yrs. old
I always swore i wouldn't own a chi I thought they were ugly bug eyed and wiry yappy things ( i know I'm sorry) But over the years i realized they are not yappy and the weiryness is just playfullness and not all are bug eyed and some bugeyed one are to die for. I got Porsha from my sis's last litter.
I could not imagine a day without her, i take her everywhere i go and I have had a lot of pets (many breeds) and my husband and I both agree we have never fallen so hard for a pet. So give your dates a chance, chi's are a little different looking and I finally realized thats what is so wonderful and the right guy will too. GOOD LUCK :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
love me love my dog. that sums it up for me too... when i had my pit my at the time boyfriend called him "that dog" and he said it all snotty like. well i dumped him. i had feelings for him and he had pets too but my pit was pretty rambunctious, i warned him before he came over and he said it ws fine. then he got annoyed by his playfullness (yo my baby boy was playful! and rough) i'm having issues with a certain guy "friend" he pays more attention to chiwi than me lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll have to say this... when a guy loves my critters and interacts well with them, it makes him that much sexier and appealing to me. Which is why I will say- yes, that was a picture of 2 cuties there -hehehe!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was looking at Chi for a while until one day my boyfriend said, "Why do you keep looking for Chihuahua's. I hate those dogs." SO I stop for a little while. Then one day his brother brought over his girlfriend chi and My bf (Eric) says..... "That is a cute dog, what kind is he". I just looked at him and laughed and a week later we got Mylo. :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
EvieG, Friday... what a darling name... Your chihuahua is so cute....

SunnyFLMum, Señor fuzzy mouse... Now that is funny... I am rolling over here...

Rachael, "Need advice: dating a chi." now that is funny... I love the way you think...

SunnyFLMum
Well...accept me, accept my dog, that's what I say... I can't agree more

I would go for it with caution... i had a bf one time that hated cats and we dated for a while and one night we were sitting on my couch. the cat jumped up on the couch and he reached over and slapped it off the couch and said "No f*****g cat is going to sit on the same couch I am... " It turned around and told him that this was my house and my cat and my cat can do anything she wants to... well, that was the last time I saw that guy... he ended up gettign really mad and walking out and he never called again... Thank god because he was not the man for me if he didn't like cats..

Good luck... be up front with him... tell him how you feel and if he can't deal with it then he isn't the guy for you...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I wasnt able to read all the replies but if this was an ex why would you want to go backwards? then again it depends ont he circumstances that caused your break up. somethings never change..

Package deal here you dont have to put up with my adult kids but you had better worship my furkids

·
Registered
148 Posts
KB mamma said:
wasnt sure where to move it, hehhehe so we will "chat" about it.

Um I agree the person has to love the dog too I mean look what happened to Britney's dog POOR THING! :(
sorry...i don't mean to gossip...but what happened to britney's chi?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no, I'm not dating my Chi!!!! That would be really, really, sad! And what happened to Brittney's dog? I hadn't heard?

I don't know if the meeting will happen, too many "red flags". But yes, whomever I end up with will have to at least be comfortable around my little one. I had some people at work who didn't even want to touch her because she was so little.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts