Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,i am still not sure what and how much to feed my chi when he get shome!? Wet food,dryfood,only wet food ,only dryfood?Just no clue.!Should i feed him what he is used to from the breeder?I would rather love to pick out some quality puppy food for chico.So i was wondering how all you chi people did it when you first brought your babies home!?One more thing besides puppyfood ,what else is allowed to feed them?Thanks so much for any advice :wave: :p

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Well, when i brought my chi home, the breeder gave me a bog of food he had been feeding him. he ate it for a while, but got tired of it, so i switched to a different puppy food and he was fine. i would reccomend feeding him things that are only for puppies, until he is about 10 months to a year old. and if u really want to give him quality food, i'd do some research on food label ingredients. thats what i did. a lot of times the cheapie foods are not very healthy. also, i gave mine dry food, and wet food as a treat, and i still do that with him. if you're worried about how much to feed him, there are usually feeding guidlines on the back of the bag of food. you can give him a little more or a little less than what it suggests, because those are only "ballpark" amounts. when you get your chi, make sure you post pics! :wave:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi CHICOS MAMMA,thanks for your tips and by the way i like the name you have picked for your chi :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts