Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I had a really horrible migraine. I get these often so they are not new to me, but this is the first that I've had one since I've owned my newest Chi Maia seeing that I've been on meds to prevent them. Anyways, last night I got one and I took some Excedrin Migraine and laid on the couch with an ice pack to try and get rid of it. During the whole time that I had my headache, Maia was not acting her usual self. She was very aggressive and snippy. She was constantly laying with me and if anyone tried to touch me she growled at them and tired to bite them. I have never seen her like this...... Is there anything I can do about this behavior or is it because of how I was? She is back to her normal self today seeing that my migraine is gone. She is also very attached to me. She has to be with me all the time.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
She obviously thought she had to 'protect' you! They know when you aren't feeling well, and will act accordingly. If you don't want her to protect you, then simply put her in a situation where she won't have to! Crate, pen or another room. Maybe you could go into a bedroom?? Sue

·
Registered
282 Posts
this behavior its easily corrected, every time she barks snaps or makes something to protect you, just snap you fingers and say no!, show her you are the alpha and that she shouldn't be doing that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts