Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, this is a great forum. I need help with something. Me and my family moved into my house a little less than a year ago. When we moved in the landlord said "NO PETS." I was very discouraged by this, but we did need a new house, so we took it. I have been sick for about 2 months and get very lonely around the house. I have always wanted a chihuahua to play with and take care of. I figured since their not very big I could try and convince my landlord to let us get one, but I can't figure out how. Any suggestions? PLEASE HELP QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
You could offer to put down a deposit for your pet in case anything is ruined as a result (this is usually the fear). What you definately don't want to do is get one without your landlord knowing. It's almost the #1 reason dogs are abandoned, and I know you'd care about your dog too much to let this happen. If your landlord absolutely refuses, even with a deposit, the only advice I can offer is to move, or if you have to have your daily dose of dog, volunteer at a rescue group or shelter!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. My landlord is pretty nice. He knows the people my mom works with so he seems to be farely lenient. I sent a letter explaining why I want a chi, about training, and I sent information about the chihuahua breed ( their size, personality...) and I sent him 3 pictures of how big they are as they grow. and I offered a pet deposit. I hope it works. and we sent it with the rent ( he see's we pay our rent, maybe he'll think more highly of us.) Wish me luck!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Good Luck!!
My last landlord said his main concern wasn't so much what damage a pet would do but the dander. He wanted to be able to rent to anybody when we left and not worry that there was pet dander in the carpet. My roommate asked and he let us have the turtles even though the lease said no pets. If your looking for company maybe your landlord would let you have a guinea pig or something like that that spends a lot of time in a cage. You can still take them out and play with them, granted they don't have as much character or intelligence as a chi but it might be better than nothing.
Again, good luck...hope he goes for it!!

BTW Welcome :wave:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you guys sooo much. I really hope that the letter works. I'm waiting for a reply, I'm getting impatient. :lol: But I can wait if he's truly, honestly thinking about it. I love this forum, there is so much information and all of you chi's are so cute. You guys are so lucky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.