Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been feeding Lacey ZP....I alternate between the canned and dehydrated. She's doing very well on it....But I would prefer her to eat what everyone else eats. I wouldnt mind giving her the ZP occasionally. She is so picky!! She will only lick the Raw. This morning I was preparing the AM meal for the pups ...they are at my feet all excited. Well Lacey is right there with them. She knows not what is coming but is as excited as they are :rolleyes:...so I decided to give her a taste test to see if she would eat it. It was ground pork. I put 1/2 tsp in her bowl and she did eat it...but needed much help keeping her attention on her own bowl :rolleyes:

Any one have any ideas on how I can move this process along? Do you think this is something that is just going to require alot of patience on my part :confused: Ive never had a dog so picky. Even Addy took to raw like fish to water at 12 weeks :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I am just now getting Asia to eat raw bone-in chicken. She had no idea what to do with it at first. I finally let her get really hungry and she figured it out LOL. But...with as small as Lacey is, it doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't want to go that route.

You could try searing the outside of bone in chicken in butter and Parmesan being careful not to cook the bone or much of the meat to get her going...I would also hammer the heck out of the thing too so that the bone is edible to her.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just now getting Asia to eat raw bone-in chicken. She had no idea what to do with it at first. I finally let her get really hungry and she figured it out LOL. But...with as small as Lacey is, it doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't want to go that route.

You could try searing the outside of bone in chicken in butter and Parmesan being careful not to cook the bone or much of the meat to get her going...I would also hammer the heck out of the thing too so that the bone is edible to her.
Thanks Kristi!!! Thats a great idea:D

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Kristi's ideas were spot on! Let us know how she does. :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I prepared it like Kristi said. It smelled so yummy:daisy: I wanted to eat it :D I took all the dogs outside.....since that is where I normally feed them bone in meals. Lacey was not interested at all :( She licked it a few times but when she is outside...she has ADD :confused:

So I brought her in and tried to get her to eat it and this is what she did......

I think trying to feed her outside was my mistake. Ill try again tomorrow:(

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She's eating the ground pork wonderfully:hello1: Im so happy about that :) Saw her first real raw poo...woohooo!!! Even on ZP her poos are a little soft....so this was an improvement!!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She's eating the ground pork wonderfully:hello1: Im so happy about that :) Saw her first real raw poo...woohooo!!! Even on ZP her poos are a little soft....so this was an improvement!!
Awesome Awesome Awesome!!! :hello1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts