Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I've posted, life is hectic right now and Bailey will be 1 next month (WHERE did the time go!?!?) Okay Bailey hasn't been spayed yet, we are letting her have 1 season first (NOT breeding). Anyways, we just had our cat desexed today and as most of you know, they are BEST friends. Well Izzy has a cone and is on pain meds very out of it ect. We are trying to keep her calm and Bailey away but they miss each other. Any creative ideas on what I can do!?

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Bailey might realize Izzy doesn't feel good. BG understood with Sonny and just snuggled with him but you know your kids better than I do and how they might react.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Have you actually tried having them be together? When Jazz was spayed, Tango was remarkably gentle with her, surprising because he's usually quite persistent and rough when he wants to play, which is frequent. He sensed, I guess, that she wasn't in good shape, and geared down accordingly. Bailey might respond similarly to Izzy.

If not, it won't be long before Izzy is back to normal, so you just have to get through this convalescent period. All you can really do is give Bailey extra attention, play with him more....in short, substitute yourself for Izzy until she feels better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts