Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyy! Ok I need lose 168 pound ! I've tried everything! I normally eat 1200 to 1500 like I always have , drink 2 to 4 litres of water a day, I have an under active thyroid and PCOS which are the reasons why I can't lose it and why I put it on in the first place :( I've tried a lot of diets including cabbage soup , low GI ect and nothing works ! I tried normal healthy eating and put on 9 pounds in a week :( I am trying to do more excercise but it seems every other week I'm I'll ! I have gastroenteritis now and had tonsillitis for 3 weeks only two weeks ago ! So I need a healthy diet with low cal and low carb as that affects one my illnesses and also as little fruit and veg as poss as that affects my other illness LOL sorry v confusing ! X

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I am no good at healthy eating, but Weight Watchers sounds good to me too. I was reading in the doctors office for a healthy diet to eat mostly whole grains and vegetables then fruits then fish and chicken then certain dairy and only have red meat, sugar and fats sparingly. Excercise everyday. Walking Tilly would be great. If you have a Wii or Xbox or Nitendo they have fun dance games and active games that excercise you and you don't ever realize your excercizing. It is VERY TOUGH I know and I wish you all the best! I'm sure everyone on here and your mother will support you daily you just take one day at a time, and if by chance you do eat something that isn't the best for weight loss DON'T GIVE UP! It is one item or one meal. Don't beat yourself up or get down. Just tell yourself OOPS--I slipped and go from there trying to do better from then on.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I would be looking at ways to boost your metabolism. Try a small amount of exercise before eating, and tiny, frequent meals, maybe 5 or 6 times a day. I would just do straight forward calorie counting if you can't eat certain foods. So divide your allowed calories by the amount of meals, so 5 meals of 100 calories each. Is 500 calories definitely what the docs recommend for you? It seems really low to me, especially for someone your age who is still growing. Make sure each meal is nutrient dense, with plenty of lean protein. 500 calories just doesn't leave any room for any junk food or treats I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am no good at healthy eating, but Weight Watchers sounds good to me too. I was reading in the doctors office for a healthy diet to eat mostly whole grains and vegetables then fruits then fish and chicken then certain dairy and only have red meat, sugar and fats sparingly. Excercise everyday. Walking Tilly would be great. If you have a Wii or Xbox or Nitendo they have fun dance games and active games that excercise you and you don't ever realize your excercizing. It is VERY TOUGH I know and I wish you all the best! I'm sure everyone on here and your mother will support you daily you just take one day at a time, and if by chance you do eat something that isn't the best for weight loss DON'T GIVE UP! It is one item or one meal. Don't beat yourself up or get down. Just tell yourself OOPS--I slipped and go from there trying to do better from then on.
thank you!
I would be looking at ways to boost your metabolism. Try a small amount of exercise before eating, and tiny, frequent meals, maybe 5 or 6 times a day. I would just do straight forward calorie counting if you can't eat certain foods. So divide your allowed calories by the amount of meals, so 5 meals of 100 calories each. Is 500 calories definitely what the docs recommend for you? It seems really low to me, especially for someone your age who is still growing. Make sure each meal is nutrient dense, with plenty of lean protein. 500 calories just doesn't leave any room for any junk food or treats I'm afraid.
yep thasts what they told me! because of my illness i can put on up to 4 pound a day! from just healthy eating! :( its very frustrating when you do eat healthy and excersise and still put it on lol but i think im gonna try this caveman diet thing :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to be a pill but what is PCOS? I would agree with weightwatchers it seems to be the most balanced and teaches you portion control. 500 calories a day seems drastic.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to be a pill but what is PCOS? I would agree with weightwatchers it seems to be the most balanced and teaches you portion control. 500 calories a day seems drastic.
lol no its fine :) its poly cystic ovaries syndrome :) and wish i could do weight watchers but i just havent got the money! its very expensive and i could go to groups ect. and i have to as the under active thyroid and PCOS are making me put on ALOT of weight (i put on 5 stone last you by healthy eating :( ) so i have no choose , they have tried everything and so have i :(

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I know you are young, but have you considered gastric bypass surgery? Very drastic, but I know they are doing the surgery on young people more and more here in the states. Especially if they have a concurrent disease such as diabetes, etc.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know you are young, but have you considered gastric bypass surgery? Very drastic, but I know they are doing the surgery on young people more and more here in the states. Especially if they have a concurrent disease such as diabetes, etc.
its never been offered to me but i never would ! other here theres been horror stories and many people die its very sad :( i have do it quick now as if i get to 25 stone which i am only 2 and a bit stone under than i will have to have it and i dont want to :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
lol no its fine :) its poly cystic ovaries syndrome :) and wish i could do weight watchers but i just havent got the money! its very expensive and i could go to groups ect. and i have to as the under active thyroid and PCOS are making me put on ALOT of weight (i put on 5 stone last you by healthy eating :( ) so i have no choose , they have tried everything and so have i :(

I am having my ovary and a 11 cm cyst removed next month.
I signed my daughter up for 3 months online weightwatchers. No meetings and I think I got a deal. I also know they have message boards for info and stuff you could kind of get stuff off of there.( its open to the public)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am having my ovary and a 11 cm cyst removed next month.
I signed my daughter up for 3 months online weightwatchers. No meetings and I think I got a deal. I also know they have message boards for info and stuff you could kind of get stuff off of there.( its open to the public)
yeah its like £40 ! and i have to use paypal and transfer the money from ma mums bank and we cant take out £40 at a time as we dont have it lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
hi. I dont know how old you are but low carb has worked very well formy husband and i. Once you get used to it, its a great way to eat. There are lots of good low carb sites online for free info and recipes. A qick way to determine your caloric needs is to multiply your ideal weight by 10 that equals your daily calories if you only exercise a little. Multiplying your ideal weight by 15 equals your daily intake if you are exercising. An easy 2 mile daily walk with the pooches will do wonders for your metabolism if you commit to it. As an RN, I dont recommend gastric bypass. Many studies show regain after 2 years and issues with nutrient absorption. Keep us posted!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Shannon, if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?
I'm pretty sure I've seen your pictures and I highly doubt you need to lose that much weight.
However no matter how little or how much someone needs to lose, everyone can benefit from
a healthy lifestyle. This is what we all need a balanced life style, not a diet. I noticed you
replied to my water fasting thread, please do not try it without consulting your doctor, it is
not a magic solution, it is a cleanse that might not work for you because of your conditions,
please be very careful. If you need advice on healthy eating I would love to help. Start of by
writing down every single thing you eat and drink in a day, do this for 5 days then show me
your so called "diary", I will help you make better choices if you like. I am not a professional,
but I will do my best based on my nutritional knowledge and years of healthy eating. I'm on
a very strict regimen since I was very young. I used to model as a teen and completed a few
nutrition courses in college. I helped my mother, my girlfriends and my hubby lose a lot of
weight, get energy and overall feel better. I would love to help you in any way I can if
my advice is worth anything to you. :)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi. I dont know how old you are but low carb has worked very well formy husband and i. Once you get used to it, its a great way to eat. There are lots of good low carb sites online for free info and recipes. A qick way to determine your caloric needs is to multiply your ideal weight by 10 that equals your daily calories if you only exercise a little. Multiplying your ideal weight by 15 equals your daily intake if you are exercising. An easy 2 mile daily walk with the pooches will do wonders for your metabolism if you commit to it. As an RN, I dont recommend gastric bypass. Many studies show regain after 2 years and issues with nutrient absorption. Keep us posted!
im 14 :) amd was thinking of doing that to help my illnesses as carbs affect it :)
Shannon, if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?
I'm pretty sure I've seen your pictures and I highly doubt you need to lose that much weight.
However no matter how little or how much someone needs to lose, everyone can benefit from
a healthy lifestyle. This is what we all need a balanced life style, not a diet. I noticed you
replied to my water fasting thread, please do not try it without consulting your doctor, it is
not a magic solution, it is a cleanse that might not work for you because of your conditions,
please be very careful. If you need advice on healthy eating I would love to help. Start of by
writing down every single thing you eat and drink in a day, do this for 5 days then show me
your so called "diary", I will help you make better choices if you like. I am not a professional,
but I will do my best based on my nutritional knowledge and years of healthy eating. I'm on
a very strict regimen since I was very young. I used to model as a teen and completed a few
nutrition courses in college. I helped my mother, my girlfriends and my hubby lose a lot of
weight, get energy and overall feel better. I would love to help you in any way I can if
my advice is worth anything to you. :)
no its fine! i dont mind telling people : im 5 foot 8 and weight 22 and a half stone , and yes i will! just after ive got rid of this stomach flu lol! x

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have PCOS also, and so far the only thing that has really worked for me to lose weight is the HCG Diet. Lost 20 lbs in a month. But you are supposed to lose about a 1 lb a day. When I first heard about it, I did not like or agree with it. But when I looked more into it, it actually made sense, and it works! You have to REALLY follow it too. I am overweight also, and am going to start trying to lose weight pretty soon. I am 5'8 also, but only need to lose about 40 lbs max.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts