Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok last night my girlfriends sister came over with her boyfriend and Peebo went nuts! started barking and snarling.
I picked him up and he squirmed really hard and was not going to let me hold him barked and almost bit me twice. I have never seen him act this way he calmed down later but I dont know what made him do this he doesnt usually act like that I mean he barks but he really wanted to go after this guy.
Immediately after he tried to bite me I laid him on his side held him down and he chilled out no squirming no drama just laid there for like 3 minutes (which seemed like a long time) and he was fine after that.
I have been training him (he can do 3 tricks now) working on stay and come. He is fine with other dogs and in crowds of people.
We dont have lots of people over to our home a few but Peebo just usually barks and thats the end of it. Oh on a side note he was chewing on his bully stick when they came over laying on the floor at my feet and when they arrived he ran to the door and barked went back to his bully stick chewed and started barking again and thats when he went crazy.
Sorry this is so long but he just hasnt done this before and I really dont know what to do.

Dean

·
Registered
602 Posts
One time I had Fiddle on my lap and I had some treats with me that I was giving her occasionally (Companion training) and my partner, who Fiddle loves! Came over to pat her and she went bananas! I could feel her growling and then get up and go full on savage beast attack lol! We are currently training her to not resource guard.

But it was quite shocking when it happened, she pretty much attacked her DAD!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
It sounds to me like was really spooked there must have been something about this guy that made him feel really threatened it could have been his bully stick or maybe he was trying to protect you. If this person will be comming around alot I would try and have them meet again and try and ease into it slowly until they get accustomed to one another. I just think something scared him.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not to sure if it was because he was eating his bully stick it might have been, I just wanted to make sure I put that in there because thats where he was went it all happened. Just the fact that he tried to bite me was shocking and a little heartbreaking in a way I have really grown very close to my dog in a short time so it just freaked me out. Maybe I am to protective I dont know maybe he just really doesnt like this guy. I just want to make sure it doesnt happen again.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Dogs sometimes have a sense of a person that sets them off. My basenji when I was 13 really didn't like this one friend of my brothers and it turned out he was right, he tried to molest me. I am NOT saying there is something wrong with the guy that came over, I am just throwing this experience of mine out.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No thats cool you dont have to be PC my girlfriend doesnt like him either she said the same thing to his face but thats a whole different story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts