Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so for people who's see Haru, she is a tri-color so she is mostly black. I am getting her a collar but don't know what sort of colors would look good on her! I looked at pink but it sticks out so much on her as opposed to a light colored female chi. She looks like a boy :( I bought her a park ave harnesss that's purple and white for walks though, so maybe purple too?

Also, today Haru got her third set of shots! It came with the rabies tag that I want to put on her collar, but when I walk her should I take her collar off when I have the harness on? For people who use collars and harnesses, what do you do? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Toby's collar is one 24/7 except when he is sleeping or in his crate. When we walk, he wears his collar and harness. His collar has his tags on it. It's not bulky and it doesn't seem to bother him.

As far as colors, purple is nice. What about baby blue? It's girly without being too much. And it's not super bright, but will show. Toby's body is dark too and he wears red. But he's obviously a boy. If he was a girl he'd wear pink!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Hmmm, if Haru was my girl I'd have her in something like this...

(the tan one)
Chloe's Canine Collection

I think that "burberry" motif would suit her very well. Elegant yet sophisticated, very lady like. :foxes_13:

As for the tags dilemma, what you can do is put all of Haru's tags on a little "lobster" clip like this...not sure what to call it, so here is a link...

Chloe's Canine Collection

That way you can transfer them from one collar to another collar, to harness, etc.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aww! Yeah I was thinking about that too. I have a few picked out so far but I am indecisive :( Maybe i'll post it and let you guys figure it out!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I say don't get the white one because white fabric will get dirty too fast.
Don't get the Louis one because it will barely be noticeable in Haru.
I like the blue, but folks might think she's a boy.(not sure if you care or not, I don't)
The watermelon is adorable and funky, I'd go with that.

...ah who am I kidding???!!! I'd probably buy them all, after all a girl needs different collars for different occasions! ;)

...you know you really should not ask me for advice...I'll make you buy the whole store, lol. :lol: There is too much cute stuff out there for little ones, it's hard to resist.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I was going to say that I think turquoise before I saw the photo. It doesnt say "boy" and its a bright color (my favorite too :))..... or earth tone shades, like beige or tan.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Bright colors look best on black. I have two black chis and I tried putting Sonny in a green camo and you can barely see it. You can't go wrong with light or bright colors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts