Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv just got jacob ready for bed and he has been a bit off colour lately well tonight he has just started being really badly sick and has loose poop i dont know how to explain this with out making it sound horrible he seems real poorly his sick is really dark brown and very strong odour thats how it was at the beginning now its lightened im going to take him straight to the vet n morning he has only just got off to sleep im soooooo worried does anyone have any advice on anything that will stop him being sick i gave him scrammbled egg earlier to try and settle his tummy oh im sooo worried

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
chihuahua-lady said:
iv just got jacob ready for bed and he has been a bit off colour lately well tonight he has just started being really badly sick and has loose poop i dont know how to explain this with out making it sound horrible he seems real poorly his sick is really dark brown and very strong odour thats how it was at the beginning now its lightened im going to take him straight to the vet n morning he has only just got off to sleep im soooooo worried does anyone have any advice on anything that will stop him being sick i gave him scrammbled egg earlier to try and settle his tummy oh im sooo worried
has he been out in the sun today cos it's been really hot, Stitch hasnt been feeling so good either :( I'd take him to the vet asap to make sure.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know it could be the heat but he has been kept in the cool quite a bit he has been a bit off for a few days im real worried though i no pups get a bit off colour and have dicky tums now and again but this seems quite bad he has just stopped being sick at first it was really bad colour though i will take him first thing he seems a lil brighter but not risking it id hate anything to happen to him he is my world :cry: :(

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will do he is laying in his bed letting me rub his tummy awwww i hate seeing him like this il get some food from the vets as well that will give him every thing he needs at the moment why he is poorly hopefully that should settle it

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear your dear wee boy is not well. I adore your little fella and am crossing my fingers for him to get better really quickly. Hope it's just a temporary little tummy upset. Minx & Brooke and I send him hugs and kisses. :love9: :wave:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Aww - bless his heart. I know how you feel - Jazzy has had upset tummy and diarrhea twice in the last couple of months, and I just worry myself sick over her. I'm glad you are taking him on to vet in the morning - it's just not worth taking the chance.

Give little Jacob a hug and a belly rub from me and tell him we hope he is all better real soon.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks evryone i know im prob just getting worried over nothing its just he has never been sick let alone like that and where he is so tiny it takes all his energy and i hate seing him like that hopefully he will be better in the morning

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I wouldnt feed him much especially if he is throwing up. Try to get him to drink water and maybe offer some NutraCal to keep his sugar levels up.
Let us know what the vets says tomorrow

·
Registered
640 Posts
Do you have Kaopectate there?? My vet told me to give this to Ginger when her stomach gets upset so I know you can give it to dogs. It might just help slow down the diarrhea until you can get him to the vet.

Two things that can make a dog have really smelly diarrhea are coccidia and parvo. How old is your pup and has he been vaccinated for parvo?

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
been to vets and he just said to keep an eye on him and its prob a lil bug he has stopped being sick and his tummy seems alot better so im just keeping a close eye on him he is wrestling with tyke and has been all morning so he must be feeling better lol

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah he is back to his normal self i didnt take him or ruby to there ring class tonight as ruby has had sickness this afternoon as well and if its a lil bug i didnt want other dogs atching it plus i just wanted to watch over them and let them rest they are both really perked up and are trying to wrestle as usual but im not allowing it at mo dont want them feeling poorly again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts