Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Does anyones chi sleep a lot? Because Dusty sleeps a lot and I'm worried about him. He plays a lot and he eat. But when I go to school my husband says Dusty goes in the room ans sleeps for 5 hours he only wakes up to go to the bathroom and to eat. Now when I get home for school his ready for play time and he doesn't leave my side. Please help me. Do I have to take him to the Vet? :(

·
Registered
996 Posts
How old is he/she? I have a almost 8 week old pup here, and got her when she was 6 weeks. She slept ALOT just as u said for the first week and a half, and still does sleep 2-3 hours at a time, and then wakes up to eat/potty and sometimes plays and just goes right back to sleep! Nothing to worry about though! Puppies sleep all the time. If she/he is an OLDER chi, such as....enior or maybe just the chi's first year, I wouldnt be too sure, and maybe one of the other members can help you with that :wave:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
my 2 are exactly the same when we are at work they just sleep all day too , then when were home they play for a bit , eat have a walk and curl up on my lap back to sleep :wave:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Phew...I was about to ask the same thing..Stinky sleeps at the same time my bf and i sleep..sometimes on the weekends my bf sleeps for 10+hrs :shock: and Stinky is right beside him and only wakes up to potty, drink or eat...I was getting worried...but then again everything else is normal :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo is a sleeper too! How can you sleep so much??????

Sleeps all night then gets up for 2 hrs, back to sleep for 7-8 then up for 1 then just lays around and waits to beg for dinner. gets his walk then maybe play for an hour then sleeps......... :roll:

Glad to know I am not alone, one of the reasons he may need a friend.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Chiquita will sleep if I am not around, she is VERY attached to me. I guess its her way of passing the time away till I get home and then all she wants to do is play! I bet Dusty is just very attached to you and misses you when you aren't around!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I have read that Chi's are lazy. :) We have a web-cam on Bosco while we are at work and every time I check he is sleeping. He also sleeps through the whole night. Sleepyhead!!! I'm jealous! :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
ooooh a webcam, like at the daycare.... could set one up for "doggie day care" LOL I sure would like to see what they do when I am away from home. I bet they just sleep LOL

·
Registered
253 Posts
sleeping

Molly sleeps alot too. I noticed she tends to sleep more when i am not home. I think when their "person" is not around, they would rather sleep. They can be anti social little things! :?
Sometimes I make her get up for a while before I go to bed because I can't believe she can sleep all day and then be tired enough to sleep all night!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts