Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. austin is 99.9% potty trained he actually trained himself when he has to go hes runs to the door anyways my problem is he keeps on peeing in his cage i dont know when hes doing it i take him out every 5-10 mins to pee i wash his blankets 1-2times everyday i dont know ehy hes doing it his cage isnt huge so its not like hes creating a pee spot help

2.austin is giving me problems with soft food i know some of you dont like it but ive done it with both my other dogs till about 6-7 months just to keep there weight up ive tryed the good food and now i have him on kibbles and bits soft EWW i dont want him eating that junk
can you tell me some good soft foods that your dog goes crazy for??
oh and he also doesnt eat enought dry food to keep him on it

ok 1 more i had to add
i have austin on nutro puppy i like its the best you can get near me anyways i have my older dogs on nutro adult austin like the adult better can i switch him adult hes almost 13 weeks if i switch him to adlut hell eat more then i dont have to feed him soft food

i know this is alot i hope you have some answers for me :D thanks

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
When you say "soft food" are you referring to canned or kibble that's not crunchy?

I feed Cooper Wellness Canned food (http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com). He loves it. I don't know where you live in NY but there are tons of places near NYC that sell it. AND pretty much anywhere that sells Wellness will also sell other really good brands of dog food like Natural Balance, Royal Canin and others.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
canned food
all i have is a petland by me and i dont have a car the nearest petsmart is very very far from me so i have to feed them what they have in petland :(
and i dont have a creditcard so i cant orderonline .....again :(

they dont have welless near me i want them on great food i dont care about price at all

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm with Cooper on this one...I feed Chico Wellness canned food (but only as a treat, he eats the Wellness dry regularly) Also, have you maybe tried Merrick brand canned food? They make really awesome canned food. Chico ate one of their's called "Thanksgiving Day Dinner" (recommended by Rachael, she said Lily loved it :) ) and Chico LOVED it.

As far as peeing in the crate...I always thought that once you crate train a dog they won't go to the bathroom in their crate because that's where they sleep. So I'm not sure about that one :?

I'm also not sure if you can switch a 13 week old to adult...someone else would probably know the answer to that.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is the cloest one too me

445 7th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215
United States of America

which is not close at all since im in staten island :(

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I personally wouldnt switch to adult that young, austin has a lot of growing to do and puppy food has extra nutrients to aid bone/skeletal development last thing you want is him developing health problems because you switched too young. Try a better quailty food and see if you can get any free samples of foods to try him on and see what he likes. Stitch is on naturediet/royal canin puppy which is a soft and a dry food but I dont think they sell naturediet in the USA :(.Alternatively buy the good dry food and mix it with warm water or blend it with warm water to make a paste it's softer on the stomach but he gets all the vitamins and minerals he needs to grow :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I wouldn't switch Austin to an adult food yet. He needs the extra vitamins and minerals found in the puppy food. I plan to switch Jazzy next month when she is 1 yr old, or when the bag of puppy food I have is gone whichever comes first. Some people switch earlier that one year and some don't switch until 18 months. My vet recommended about 1 yr.

Wellness makes a good canned food, and as someone else mentioned, Merrick also is good. I've fed Jazzy the Thanksgiving dinner one, and she loved it, but I only give her canned food occasionally.

As for using the bathroom in his crate, I really don't have an answer for that. I didn't crate train Jazzy, so I haven't had much experience in crating. I trained her to the puppy pads, and she caught on very quickly. Now she goes outside during the day, or on her pad at night or when I'm gone.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Umm... isn't Brooklyn only like 15 miles from Staten Island? :scratch: I remember traveling all over the burroughs when we were there and, if I remember correctly, it's pretty close.

Wellness makes puppy food, both canned and dry. :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
2pups622 said:
yea i dont have a car and im not traving on buses to get dog food especially with a 5 year old
LOL okay, good point. Have you tried calling Staten Island Pet Supply? http://www.sipets.com/ Their website is just the one page but they do home delivery, etc. of supplies. You might try them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts