Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to start feeding Lily a high-protein/fat diet so that her body can begin re-building the tissue that was removed during surgery.

We are currently feeding a mix of a raw diet and HK. Which I think is about 21% protein. Should I just feed her more meat to increase protein intake??? I was thinking about changing the chicken to red meat (more fat) a few times a week and adding extra meat into her HK when its served.

I know that some kibble has like 60% protein but we do not feed it. Also, Lily cannot have it because all kibble gives her ear infections.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would continue what you are doing. Add in some more red meats.... beef, pork, lamb if you can find it. Eggs might be good.

Is she on a good fish oil? It has anti-inflammatory properties that should help with healing.

If you give her good nutritional support, as you are clearly doing, she should heal up just great.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would continue what you are doing. Add in some more red meats.... beef, pork, lamb if you can find it. Eggs might be good.

Is she on a good fish oil? It has anti-inflammatory properties that should help with healing.

If you give her good nutritional support, as you are clearly doing, she should heal up just great.
She takes a (human) fish oil pill once a day. We just started that after the surgery.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She takes a (human) fish oil pill once a day. We just started that after the surgery.
Great. I think she's doing good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts