Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my sisters 4 dogs for 2 days. I love my sister and her dogs...but they stress me out!! I swear....dogs are just like kids...and when they go to someone elses house...they have no manners!! What I hate the most is they jump on my furniture :foxes15: They will go straight from outside and jump on my couch upon entering the house....muddy wet paws and everything!

My sister dropped them off yesterday and I said....where's their crate! She said "darn I forgot". GREAT!!! now what am I suppose to do for bedtime. Sis suggested letting them sleep with dd. Dd didnt want 4 dogs sleeping in her twin bed....so...all 4 of mine slept with us and her doggies slept in the 2 crates I have. One of them got so hot...panted like crazy so I had to let him out and he just wandered around all night. So needless to say....dh and I had hardly any sleep last night :( I know she didnt "forget" the crate. She did it on purpose because she didnt want to lug it over here!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you go to her house get crates?
Hmmm....will have to ask dh. I think I know the pass code to the garage:confused:

Ugh!! What kind of dogs are they?
One 9# chi....two shih tzu's...14# and one 17# mutt. All bigger than mine so the 3 poops I cleaned up in my living room this morning were definitely theirs.

I really shouldnt complain. My sis LOVES my pups and takes care of them when Im away. Lack of sleep really does a mean number on a person :(

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
How frustrating! My sister brings over her chihuahua sometimes, who is not potty trained (she is a year old) and very possessive of toys and treats. She is trying to train her to potty outside, but she NEVER takes her out when she is here, so Minnie pees and poops all over my carpet. :mad: I can't imagine having 8 dogs..

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Haha oh girl, I feel your pain! We just got done watching our friend's two HUGE dogs and they just do irritating things!! I really have no comforting words lol, u are a brave, brave woman taking on 4 of someone else's, esp all bigger than yours.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am sorry for what you have to go through, I have 6 dogs with 4 being the Chis, they are my dogs and they can be in pain some times when they have the moment to wrack the house upside down.

How long are you going to look after the dogs? May be just confront them in one of the rooms, a kitchen or a bath room, that you can be in control and clean up easily. And only just let them roam free in the house when you have time to watch them? So within a couple of days, they might "learn" you and the family habits and adjust to the routine and so on? I haven't got any solution but I am a rescuer, dogs / cats or whatever animals just don't get used to the new envirnoment straight away, either anxiety or overly excited? And yours probably get a little disturbed with everything too.

Hang in there, before you know it, you probably would enjoy the dogs more and time of them staying with you will pass by faster. lol

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So much better today!!! Got some sleep last night :hello1: I brought out Lacey's puppy pen and made beds for the 4 dogs. It was perfect!!! Not a peep all night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts