Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the sun is splitting the skies in Scotland today its roasting! Which is awesome as its September which usually means its getting cold for us.

The dogs are loving it, they've just been sunbathing out in the garden which is a total riot right now as its getting renovated thanks to my neighbours! Ive mentioned it before that their dogs are crazy but we have a little 4ft fence around our garden which I really liked there is a path separating mine and the neighbours garden but her fence is falling to pieces and her dogs kept trying to climb it in order to then jump our fence and get to my dogs, so we are in the process of putting up a 6ft fence which so far is going nicely!

But anyways I got some cute pics of Neeva today, she was 4 months last week and her shedding has calmed down loads, she's looking a bit scruffy right now as Ive noticed her ear and tail hair is coming in longer where her body is still shedding a bit lol! Her coat is so soft and thick she gets brushed daily which she loves so thats half the battle.

Cute as a button.

Again..

Enjoying some scratches.

Another side shot!

Sticking her little tongue out!

And lastly she's one happy pup :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Neeva is SO adorable!! My boy went through the shedding thing a couple months ago, his tail and ears are getting nice and long too! They look so silly in the awkward teenage phase, but Neeva is doing it gracefully!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Neeva is looking fabulous! She's growing up so beautifully. Loving the weather here too, it was smoldering hot yesterday. And it's hot again today too. But I'm at work til 5! Booooo!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neeva is SO adorable!! My boy went through the shedding thing a couple months ago, his tail and ears are getting nice and long too! They look so silly in the awkward teenage phase, but Neeva is doing it gracefully!
Aww thank you! Her shedding is calming down a bit, I kept finding her hair everywhere even in my bloody dinner total nightmare! And the worst is she loves to roll about in the mud and dig up beasties and spiders and roll on them she's always so dirty haha!

Neeva is looking fabulous! She's growing up so beautifully. Loving the weather here too, it was smoldering hot yesterday. And it's hot again today too. But I'm at work til 5! Booooo!
Thanks love!! She's my wee pride and joy there really is something so amazing about long hairs. I have decided my next will be another long coat I love watching her change and grow, with pablo he's pretty much looked the same since I got him buts he's a handsome little man. Oh man I hope the weather is nice for you finishing work!! Or you get some sunshine on your days off! I'll need to be purchasing these guys some heavy winter coats and boots Scottish winter is something not to be taken lightly! Im dreading it :(

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Aww thank you! Her shedding is calming down a bit, I kept finding her hair everywhere even in my bloody dinner total nightmare! And the worst is she loves to roll about in the mud and dig up beasties and spiders and roll on them she's always so dirty haha!

Thanks love!! She's my wee pride and joy there really is something so amazing about long hairs. I have decided my next will be another long coat I love watching her change and grow, with pablo he's pretty much looked the same since I got him buts he's a handsome little man. Oh man I hope the weather is nice for you finishing work!! Or you get some sunshine on your days off! I'll need to be purchasing these guys some heavy winter coats and boots Scottish winter is something not to be taken lightly! Im dreading it :(

Oh yes...I know exactly how you feel. Long coats exude such a unique aura. After getting my first, I was hooked. I went from one to 3 lol! They are so much fun to watch grow and develop into adults. I love how pretty and graceful they are when they are out in walks. The way their fur blows in the wind and they little tail fluffs.

I dread winter too. Our last couple have been pretty brutal. Mine are indoors most of the time during winter. I do try to get them out if I am going shopping some place dog friendly or to the pet store. Winter is the time of year that I use my carriers the most.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yes...I know exactly how you feel. Long coats exude such a unique aura. After getting my first, I was hooked. I went from one to 3 lol! They are so much fun to watch grow and develop into adults. I love how pretty and graceful they are when they are out in walks. The way their fur blows in the wind and they little tail fluffs.

I dread winter too. Our last couple have been pretty brutal. Mine are indoors most of the time during winter. I do try to get them out if I am going shopping some place dog friendly or to the pet store. Winter is the time of year that I use my carriers the most.
I do plan on getting a 3rd once Neeva is trained, So maybe around christmas time or early next year! Plus I really love grooming her its so relaxing I look forward to her coat coming in eee!

I'll need to get a carrier for them I'm really dreading winter, last year was awful I couldnt leave the house for a week because of the snow.. but saying that I bet scottish summers are like your winters ha. How do you go about walking yours together? My two are all over the place I'm constantly switching and swapping hands, total nightmare.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I do plan on getting a 3rd once Neeva is trained, So maybe around christmas time or early next year! Plus I really love grooming her its so relaxing I look forward to her coat coming in eee!

I'll need to get a carrier for them I'm really dreading winter, last year was awful I couldnt leave the house for a week because of the snow.. but saying that I bet scottish summers are like your winters ha. How do you go about walking yours together? My two are all over the place I'm constantly switching and swapping hands, total nightmare.

Are you thinking of getting a long coat boy or girl? I love grooming my long coats too 😍😍😍it's so much fun. Especially once their coats are fully grown in. Each of my girls coats are so different in length and texture. Kendall's takes the longest.
I actually never take more than 2 at a time if I'm by myself. BF and I have taken the 4 at once. We try to do that every once in a while. Otherwise we take turns getting each dog out daily. Ava and Bailey get the most outings. Bailey and bf usually take a morning stroll. For guy bonding lol. And Ava gets out with me a lot as she's the most portable.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you thinking of getting a long coat boy or girl? I love grooming my long coats too 😍😍😍it's so much fun. Especially once their coats are fully grown in. Each of my girls coats are so different in length and texture. Kendall's takes the longest.
I actually never take more than 2 at a time if I'm by myself. BF and I have taken the 4 at once. We try to do that every once in a while. Otherwise we take turns getting each dog out daily. Ava and Bailey get the most outings. Bailey and bf usually take a morning stroll. For guy bonding lol. And Ava gets out with me a lot as she's the most portable.
Another long coat girl! I've really falling in love with them 😍 I was sitting with John in the garden on Sunday and he turned to me and was like "I can't wait until we get more chi's" I think he's more in love than me :laughing5: I think i, going to get a lead joiner for then so they're forced to walk nice, Neeva is such a social butterfly she just wants to say hello to everyone we pass where as pablo is more interested in peeing on things lol. It's crazy how different they are. And don't get me started on the guy bonding ha!! John is actually in love with pablo when he gets in from work the hello he gives the dogs is crazy I'm standing there like HELLO I LIVE HERE TOO!! But I can't complain I'm lucky to gave found someone who's as dog mad as me!

Wow neeva looks beautiful! We had some lush weather too, the dogs were sunbathing all day haha not so good today though :(
Aww thank you babe!! How you getting on with your crazy lot? Yeah the weather here today is crap. im unsure if it's to clear for the weekend, it's our anniversary on Friday do we were going to something with the dogs on sat wee family day out so praying it clears!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Another long coat girl! I've really falling in love with them 😍 I was sitting with John in the garden on Sunday and he turned to me and was like "I can't wait until we get more chi's" I think he's more in love than me
I think i, going to get a lead joiner for then so they're forced to walk nice, Neeva is such a social butterfly she just wants to say hello to everyone we pass where as pablo is more interested in peeing on things lol. It's crazy how different they are. And don't get me started on the guy bonding ha!! John is actually in love with pablo when he gets in from work the hello he gives the dogs is crazy I'm standing there like HELLO I LIVE HERE TOO!! But I can't complain I'm lucky to gave found someone who's as dog mad as me!

Wow neeva looks beautiful! We had some lush weather too, the dogs were sunbathing all day haha not so good today though
Aww thank you babe!! How you getting on with your crazy lot? Yeah the weather here today is crap. im unsure if it's to clear for the weekend, it's our anniversary on Friday do we were going to something with the dogs on sat wee family day out so praying it clears!!
I'm managing alright :) it's so much fun, I'm never bored haha! They are just coming into the teething phase so I have all that to look forward to. I hope you have a nice time at the weekend and happy anniversary! It will be my first wedding anniversary in March <3

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm managing alright :) it's so much fun, I'm never bored haha! They are just coming into the teething phase so I have all that to look forward to. I hope you have a nice time at the weekend and happy anniversary! It will be my first wedding anniversary in March <3
Haha I have to applaud you you're doing so amazing with him!! We've just came to realise pablo is scared of men and we haven't a clue why his favourite family members are men! He loves woman but if a guy approaches he looses it so we need to work on that, crazy! Neevas teething like mad she's now chosen to chew my skirting boards and they're new so I'm loosing it and rubbing lemon on everything! :laughing5: thank you!! If it doesn't clear up we will prove go out for dinner or catch a late movie Ladt year we ordered chinese and watched Netflix haha we aren't really into pure extravagant things I get dead embarrassed haha I'm a simple lady Id rather just be comfy and happy! What are you doing for your first wedding anniversary now that's something that HAS to be celebrated :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Another long coat girl! I've really falling in love with them 😍 I was sitting with John in the garden on Sunday and he turned to me and was like "I can't wait until we get more chi's" I think he's more in love than me
I think i, going to get a lead joiner for then so they're forced to walk nice, Neeva is such a social butterfly she just wants to say hello to everyone we pass where as pablo is more interested in peeing on things lol. It's crazy how different they are. And don't get me started on the guy bonding ha!! John is actually in love with pablo when he gets in from work the hello he gives the dogs is crazy I'm standing there like HELLO I LIVE HERE TOO!! But I can't complain I'm lucky to gave found someone who's as dog mad as me!

Wow neeva looks beautiful! We had some lush weather too, the dogs were sunbathing all day haha not so good today though
Aww thank you babe!! How you getting on with your crazy lot? Yeah the weather here today is crap. im unsure if it's to clear for the weekend, it's our anniversary on Friday do we were going to something with the dogs on sat wee family day out so praying it clears!!
Awesome! Girls rule! Any specific colors or combinations of markings you'll be looking for? Or just whatever you fall in love with? I was so certain before getting all of my long coat girl chis the exact colors and markings that I was looking for. I wanted an all white chi and a blue chi. But I had the hardest time finding those two colors. In the end I ended up going with the first pup I fell in love with that came from a good breeder. If I ever get a 5th, I may be a bit more picky though, and try and find one that's really unique.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome! Girls rule! Any specific colors or combinations of markings you'll be looking for? Or just whatever you fall in love with? I was so certain before getting all of my long coat girl chis the exact colors and markings that I was looking for. I wanted an all white chi and a blue chi. But I had the hardest time finding those two colors. In the end I ended up going with the first pup I fell in love with that came from a good breeder. If I ever get a 5th, I may be a bit more picky though, and try and find one that's really unique.
I would LOVE an all white one they really are beautiful! Pablos breeder had an all white girl and she was gorgeous! I Love the blues too. I think I will defos go back to Neevas breeder though, Neevas mummy has retired after neevas litter but she does have a breeding girl who is gorgeous she's a cream coloured chi lovely nature! Neevas got a fantastic nature and the breeder was fantastic and bred for the breed standard along with nature and health so I do have my trust in her and her main sire usually fathers blue lc's so heres hoping eee! I love unique looking chi's though I can say in Scotland there are a lot of bad breeders of chi's I've seen some that I'm positive aren't even chihuahuas so it is hard trying to get one it took me a while to find Neeva and Pablo! I may travel for the next one. How do you think your crew would take to a 5th one? Is there any fighting among your lot I think thats the thing I worry most about when adding a 3rd buuuut saying that If I can pull apart two english bull terriers then chihuahuas will be a walk in the park :laughing5:

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Jo is my first long hair and I too and now hooked and know for sure that any I get in the future will be long hair. I too love grooming him, it's super relaxing. I didn't know what a difference it would be. My boy will be more of the long silky variety I think than the plusher variety and I know that next time I will want one that has more density to the coat. I'm suspecting the show line long coats have more density...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Jo is my first long hair and I too and now hooked and know for sure that any I get in the future will be long hair. I too love grooming him, it's super relaxing. I didn't know what a difference it would be. My boy will be more of the long silky variety I think than the plusher variety and I know that next time I will want one that has more density to the coat. I'm suspecting the show line long coats have more density...
I think the silky ones are gorgeous!!! Have you posted any pics of Jo? Id love to see some! Neevas parents both had very long double coats, her dad especially had the thickest hair I've ever felt he must be so warm lol! I'm unsure how she will turn out though her coat is very very thick right now it takes ages to get her wet in the bath, the water just kinda sits on the top layer its bizarre but thankfully she loves getting brushed so any loose hairs I can get to save them getting everywhere. I think it differs, I do know double coats are preferred on both smooth and long hairs with extra fur around the neck and tail buuuut I have seen pups that were carefully bred and planned to be shown ending up with very sparse coats! Oh the crazy world of chihuahuas eh..

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
I'm managing alright
it's so much fun, I'm never bored haha! They are just coming into the teething phase so I have all that to look forward to. I hope you have a nice time at the weekend and happy anniversary! It will be my first wedding anniversary in March <3
Haha I have to applaud you you're doing so amazing with him!! We've just came to realise pablo is scared of men and we haven't a clue why his favourite family members are men! He loves woman but if a guy approaches he looses it so we need to work on that, crazy! Neevas teething like mad she's now chosen to chew my skirting boards and they're new so I'm loosing it and rubbing lemon on everything!
thank you!! If it doesn't clear up we will prove go out for dinner or catch a late movie Ladt year we ordered chinese and watched Netflix haha we aren't really into pure extravagant things I get dead embarrassed haha I'm a simple lady Id rather just be comfy and happy! What are you doing for your first wedding anniversary now that's something that HAS to be celebrated
Aw thanks! And oh I wonder why he's scared of men, millie is a it weary of them to be honest she doesn't go off it but she just acts reserved. I got this really good puppy chew spray from pets at home you should get some it actually works really well. I got in my mouth after forgetting I had some on my hands and wow I was nearly sick haha! To be honest Chinese and Netflix sounds like a nice night in, that's what we do but I'm really missing Orange is the new black I can't wait for the next series!
I don't know what I'm doing yet for anniversary I've just realised its my second anniversary! Hahah, I can't believe I didn't realise that I just said to Curtis what we guna do for our first anniversary and he went what you on about we have been married a year and seven months Jessica I was like oh -_- hahah! Oops!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aw thanks! And oh I wonder why he's scared of men, millie is a it weary of them to be honest she doesn't go off it but she just acts reserved. I got this really good puppy chew spray from pets at home you should get some it actually works really well. I got in my mouth after forgetting I had some on my hands and wow I was nearly sick haha! To be honest Chinese and Netflix sounds like a nice night in, that's what we do but I'm really missing Orange is the new black I can't wait for the next series!
I don't know what I'm doing yet for anniversary I've just realised its my second anniversary! Hahah, I can't believe I didn't realise that I just said to Curtis what we guna do for our first anniversary and he went what you on about we have been married a year and seven months Jessica I was like oh -_- hahah! Oops!
Its strange isn't it? I don't get it, he's never had a bad experience I asked the trainers and they did say that men give off a different vibe than woman! Neeva loves everyone she's a hussy she will run up to people and just open her legs so you can scratch her stomach! Omg I'm so excited for when the new season comes on so many unanswered questions!! hahaha no way thats something I would do thats hilarious, theres an age gap between me and John and ages ago I was talking to someone about it and I actually said "yeah I was 15 and he was 27" I have no idea why I said that hahaha don't get me wrong the person found it hilarious I was just like why the hell did I just make my boyfriend out to be a predator :laughing5: :laughing5: Meant to say I was 19 when I met him and he was 24 oh lord help me! I need a muzzle with half of the stupid stuff that comes out my mouth!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Its strange isn't it? I don't get it, he's never had a bad experience I asked the trainers and they did say that men give off a different vibe than woman! Neeva loves everyone she's a hussy she will run up to people and just open her legs so you can scratch her stomach! Omg I'm so excited for when the new season comes on so many unanswered questions!! hahaha no way thats something I would do thats hilarious, theres an age gap between me and John and ages ago I was talking to someone about it and I actually said "yeah I was 15 and he was 27" I have no idea why I said that hahaha don't get me wrong the person found it hilarious I was just like why the hell did I just make my boyfriend out to be a predator
Meant to say I was 19 when I met him oh lord help me! I need a muzzle with half of the stupid stuff that comes out my mouth!
What's the trainor like? I'm starting a new class on Wednesday and the woman sounds really good so I'm looking forward to that. I've got another two ringcraft classes that I've started one on Wednesday aswel and the other on Friday.
Omg naughty neeva haha! My lot hate being on their backs they like freak out and jump up. Everytime I see neeva it makes me want a long coat, if the right one comes up though I will have to get her because what I'm looking for seems hard to find.
ee Caitlin that's hilarious, what did John say!? Bless him haha, you got any ideas what we should do for our *second* wedding anniversary? I was thinking maybe a log cabin with a hot tub so we can take the dogs. It isn't till march though so we have plenty time to book something.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts