Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I took Nemo to the vet and had him weighed there. Hes 3lbs6oz. hes only 11 weeks old. doesnt that seem big?
Dont get me wrong I dont care I will love him anyways but it seems off the chart when I looked it up on the net. thanks. Although I dont care that he wont be tiny or anything id rather him not be 20 lbs either.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sounds like he is gonna be big, i took Paris to the vets at 12 weeks and she was 2lb 8oz, i thought that was big. More of him to love though :D

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Mikey is tiny so far, he is almost 3 mths and is right at about 2lbs. I would rather him be a little bigger. I wouldn't be so worried he's gonna get stepped on.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Bosco was also "off the charts" for a while there --- but now his growing has slowed down a lot and he is on-mark to be 5.5 pounds. It could be that Nemo's growth spurt is just happening earlier than usual or it could be that he will just be a big boy! :) I have heard that the growing usually really slows down at 6 months but then continue to gain and grow a little for up to 18 months.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
MY3SONS said:
When will they be at there adult weight? I mean at what age?
Size wise they slow down around 7-10 mos. They fill out more after that. Kemo is 7-7.5 lbs

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't think it matters what their weight is at that age. When I got my Chile at 8 weeks old she weighed one pund. Well....a year and a half later she is 6.82 lbs. I thought that she was going to be little because I was told by the pet store (my first time buying a puppy from a pet store and WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!...don't get me started) that her mom weighed 5 lbs and her dad 4. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I recently adopted Tia from a breeder and I saw both her mom and dad. Her mom weighs about 6 lbs and the dad 4. Tia is only 4 months old and weighs 5 lbs, but she is really long and skinny and Chile is short and fat.
:p
My breeder is excellent!!! She calls me all the time and asks about Tia. She sent some pictures of Tia's family. When I picked Tia up, she had a little photo album of her mom and dad and her siblings and then pictures of Tia growing before I adopted her. It was a real nice touch.

My breeder also has both grandparents that live with her, the mom, and the dad....she has like 7 Chi's. It is nice to see her keep them, not like some breeders...when they cannot breed anymore they end up at a shelter. I see alot of that on petfinder and it saddens me. I could never give up any of my Chi's. :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts